Fuel line bleeding help.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortyNavros

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some urgent help. I have just fitted a patrol manifold rocker cover and vacuum/solenoid bracket to fit a patrol intercooler. In the process to remove the d22 manifold I had to remove the injection pipes. Upon putting it all back together I cannot get it to fire up. I have done this before when I cleaned my manifold but I just hand pumped the primer and cranked the engine at the same time and eventually it went. Not having any luck today. Now I did try to pressurise the return fuel line with my compressor but I stopped when I heard the tank making noise and fuel started coming out of the breather pipe in the engine bay for the fuel tank. What am I doing wrong here? The fuel should get pushed from the tank all the way to the pump yeah? I also fitted a new starter at the same time but that is no issue as it turns over fine, just won't fire. Also my primer is full of fuel it only takes like 4-5 pumps and it goes rock hard.
Cheers

disconnect the fuel line that goes from the fuel filter to injectors and pump the primer to see if fuel comes out of the filter. if fuel is present re fit the fuel line to filter and then losen off all 4 injector lines and pump the filter primer again , hopefully this will get rid of all air from the line.

Fuel is in the filter fully. I can only get to 3 of the 4 injector lines. O. The patrol manifold the throttle pipe sits right over the top of the rear most injector port

I have cracked the 3 out of 4 injector lines I can get to. The primer going hard but there isn't a heap of fuel I can see/feel given the tight spot they are in. Should I crank the car over with the three out of four injector lines cracked?

She lives. I just cranked the engine while priming for 4-5 seconds then retightened the 3 injector lines. They definitely had fuel on them. Then pumped the primer again and cranked the engine and all good! Cheers

it was just air in the injector lines (not the fuel lines).
you can't push fuel into them with the primer. only way to get fuel into them is to crank engine over.
when you crank the engine the injection pump fires but the air in the injector lines compresses and the injectors don't open. so no air can get pushed out.

simply crack the injector line open and then crank it till fuel squirts out. tighten the nuts and it will start.

the Injector lines are part of the fuel line coming from filter to injectors. this is why i mentioned to losen off the injector lines abit and prime the filter again so air comes out and fuel is filled into the lines right up to injectors. its like bleeding the brakes.

the Injector lines are part of the fuel line coming from filter to injectors. this is why i mentioned to losen off the injector lines abit and prime the filter again so air comes out and fuel is filled into the lines right up to injectors. its like bleeding the brakes.

your talking about the spill line and using the primer to push fuel through the injectors back into the injector lines.
not the greatest way of doing it and may not work well unless you undo the lines at the injection pump which is difficult.

only need to undo one injector a bit (typically no1 is easy to get to) crank engine with foot to floor for a sec, tighten injector back up and it will start (on one cylinder but others will kick in soon enough)

Glad u got it sorted.

Are you going to do a write up on your intercooler install?

Hey guys, i replaced the fuel filter yesterday and when putting it in i accidently hooked both fuel lines up and primmed it started car it ran for a minute then stalled. So took a fuel line off the filter and primed until diesel pumped out but now car wont start. And i flattened the battery. So how do i go about loosing the injector lines to let air out? I have no idea where to start. I might try the air compressor in the fuel tank first. Any help would be appreciated

just remove the fuel line on the { outlet end ] then pump up the filter button until fuel comes out the outlet, re fit the fuel line on outlet then pump up until you get firm pressure. now start the engine and give the filter pump a couple more light pumps, thats it.
charge up your battery firstly.

Thats what i was doing it still wont start. There is plenty of fuel in the filter and the primer goes hard. Tried to jump start it but it just kept killing my jumper pack

the engine may have flooded so all you can do is leave it for a few hours or preferably over night and try again with a good charged up battery. you do have both fuel lines on the right way round do you ?

I havent touched it since lastnight so hopefully it will start when i get home. I charged my battery over night. Yeah fuel lines are on the correct way

Got it started. Had someone pumping the fuel filter while i started the car. Thanks for the help jonney

Latest posts

Back