Fuel rail failure

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janssen83

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had to replace the fuel rail on a nissan d22 2.5 cr Mine looks like it has shit itself with only 40000ks on it ( 2010 nissan d22 str ) And the car is throwing ever fult under the sun it dose not look good. God I hope they cover this under warranty. I haven't heard of this in a d22s only d40 models

do you have a chip fitted?

Its pretty rare, but something under 20000kpa of pressure is eventually going to fail from the stress.

not to sure what to make of your post. not sure if its just your writing or your not sure whats actually at fault.
the only fault the fuel rail will do is leak fuel. its either leaking or its not.

No I'm not actually sure what's wrong with my car but I'm told it is ****ed and will need to be replaced. And no chip, egr block or anything else on the car at the moment. Iv been telling nissan over and over again that there is something not right with the car but what would I know

ok, sounds like dealer is a tosser.
first thing is get the codes. if you have the ute you may be able to read the codes off yourself.

Ill try and find out what codes are showing I'm told a few but. its at the dealers at the moment. And for once they are straight on it. Just abit cut at the Moment but iv spent so much money on the ute now and just can't beleave the luck iv had with it so far.

No I don't think so tony ! Have had before, but not good! A lot getting around but from the sounds of it Been in the shop now for two days, and they still aren't to sure of what is wrong with it. They still think the rail is no good but getting nissan to throw a new one straight on it is proving to be quite a task as there are other process's to be taken first I'm told before they bite the bullet I guess. There is a new one in stock waiting for me already but for when they get the go ahead. Hope I get it back soon :)

for any warranty stuff you really need to take it to a dealer they don't trust alot of other mechanics.

all good was done under warranty replaced the fuel rail and it runs like a dream couldn't be more happy with it at the moment.

You are the only other person I have heard this happening to. I had to replace my fuel rail a couple of weeks ago. It developed a small hole in the casting near the mounting bolt closest to the fire wall.

A major pain and expensive exercise, as the amount of infrastructure you have to pull out to get to the bloody thing is a very time consuming job.

My '08 Nav has a 'Chip It' chip and EGR mod.

Latest posts

Back