Gas jet mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys, results are in.
It did make noticeable difference in turbo lag and it feels less restricted, breathing wise (only way i could think of to describe it).
Not a huge difference, but it definitely is better.
For 40 bucks i'm happy.

I included a few pics, the tube itself is sizeable.
It's about an inch in diameter and it sticks about 1.5 inches into the airstream from what i could tell.

Attachments

• 20140321_210601.jpg
    20140321_210601.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 233
  • 20140321_210623.jpg
    20140321_210623.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 228
  • 20140321_210646.jpg
    20140321_210646.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 223
  • 20140321_210858.jpg
    20140321_210858.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 241
  • 20140321_201308.jpg
    20140321_201308.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 236
When i done my egr blank i pulled the piece out that goes in the inlet and cut it off. The tube slides in the intake and it looked like it blocked 50% of the air.

Well guys, results are in.
It did make noticeable difference in turbo lag and it feels less restricted, breathing wise (only way i could think of to describe it).
Not a huge difference, but it definitely is better.
For 40 bucks i'm happy.

I included a few pics, the tube itself is sizeable.
It's about an inch in diameter and it sticks about 1.5 inches into the airstream from what i could tell.

Yeah thats piece i cut off

Yeah it looks pretty restrictive.
I was more surprised at how small the plenum is on these engines, its tiny!

now I can understand this mod a bit better
that pipe looks real restrictive
so the "gas jet mod" is a restrictive pipe you REMOVE not something you add?

the normal egr mod is simply a blanking plate
cheers

now I can understand this mod a bit better
that pipe looks real restrictive
so the "gas jet mod" is a restrictive pipe you REMOVE not something you add?

the normal egr mod is simply a blanking plate
cheers

Yeah mate.
The pictures explain it alot better haha.
But yeah it looks really restrictive.
They definitely could of named it better.

Hi all. I have had this mode in for a fair while now and have done a few posts on it. It is called a gas jet elimination plate and in my opinion improves the yd25's towing ability a great deal. Turbo response is improved also. A good mod to do for the price an I think the the best way to blank the EGR.
Cheers

So this is essentially the same as EGR block but at a different point and with more benefit? Or do you need the normal blanking plate as well?

So this is essentially the same as EGR block but at a different point and with more benefit? Or do you need the normal blanking plate as well?

Yeah more benefits then just blocking it.
Well I've blocked at the exhaust end and where the blank for this mod goes.
Just as a little update, my egts are about 50-60 degrees lower on average since I've done this mod.
So it's definitely made a difference to the engine.

Talking to Pual I think his name is. And this will not work on the 140kw engines. He doesnt even suggest a blocking plate a small hole as it may start throwing codes at you.

Last edited:
Yeah more benefits then just blocking it.
Well I've blocked at the exhaust end and where the blank for this mod goes.
Just as a little update, my egts are about 50-60 degrees lower on average since I've done this mod.
So it's definitely made a difference to the engine.

Thanks soybean good to know especially the egt results!

Talking to Pual I think his name is. And this will not work on the 140kw engines. He doesnt even suggest a blocking plate a small hole as it may start throwing codes at you.

Yeah man i've heard the D40's are alot more sensitive to EGR blocking and stuff.
Sucks for D40 owners.
But you guys are 40 kw ahead to start with haha.

I've had no issue with my 13 D40 with blanking the egr, the 550's seem different though, I'm curious now , as I see the pipe is designed to direct gas through the egr, so once I get home I'll be pulling mine apart to look into it

Too bad about what they called this mod.

Makes sense once you read it all, but barely.

I've had no issue with my 13 D40 with blanking the egr, the 550's seem different though, I'm curious now , as I see the pipe is designed to direct gas through the egr, so once I get home I'll be pulling mine apart to look into it

Its not all D40 only the the 140kws with the elec controlled turbo.

Latest posts

Back