Gas jet mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trust me, once you've taken it apart it will make it alot clearer.
Partially my fault for my shitty photos haha.
The photos made it make sense to me as i had not seen the replacement part before the new one went in which is why the post started out so vague.

Just did this mod this week and it has made a noticeable difference to turbo spool time. I've reached the point now with my Nav that the turbo spools so quickly that the limiting factor in the time it takes to reach cruising speed is the time it takes to change gears.

Just did this mod this week and it has made a noticeable difference to turbo spool time. I've reached the point now with my Nav that the turbo spools so quickly that the limiting factor in the time it takes to reach cruising speed is the time it takes to change gears.

Did you get the blanking plate or just cut the tube off the end of yours?

Bought the plate, it was only $40, took 8 days to get to Perth though from over East

Fair enough.. Sounds good, might have to do it now with the exhaust on the way if it helps that much.......

Only issue I have now is I can only get 13 - 14psi out of the turbo even with a new boost controller and all new vac piping. Im thinking I need a new waste gate that opens at say 15psi instead of what the stock one opens at

Fair enough... I have a boost controller on mine, getting about 18psi peak measuring from the wastegate line on the turbo... Sent them an email today so I'll see how it goes when I get one...

Did this mod today. I just took out the plate and cut the tube off. Took about 1/2 and hour to do.

OK, just so I get this right because in the photo there are 2 things.

There is a plate which blocks the "Gas Jet", which is essentially a EGR blanking plate.

There is also a plate with a tube off it, which I believe has been taken out of the engine (due to the carbon build up on it).

I unbolt the portion where the pipe bolts on, pull out the plate with the tube and replace it with the "Gas Jet" blanking plate.

This might seem a bit simplistic to most of you folk, but I have no idea what any of this stuff is called, I just look at the photos and watch Youtube clips to work it out.

Yes that's correct. If you were to just cut the tube off I don't think it will have the same effect due to still allowing the egr tube to fill up with pressurized air when accelerating. If you block it at the valve it stops boost loss too...

Ok so you have to block it not just cut the tube off. I will have to order a blanking plate.

That is the biggest waste of money mate. yd25.com.au have many people believing they HAVE to have a double row timing chain.. They're just con artist's mate. Trying to get you to spend your hard earned on stuff you won't even need

I am not sure about the timing chain issue as it seems to be a fairly rare but dramatic event, improved airflow will always improve an engines performance. So if you can make an easy cheap mod that gives you increased performance, then why not do it?

I am not sure about the timing chain issue as it seems to be a fairly rare but dramatic event, improved airflow will always improve an engines performance. So if you can make an easy cheap mod that gives you increased performance, then why not do it?

I hate when people get ripped off, sadly most services do.
fair call about mods though, everyone wants the most out of their nav

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back