gauges

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fudly

Reaction score
ok a quick question should I be fitting a pyro and boost gauge before I do the egr blanking/swirl mod or can I do the mod first wait a while and then get the gauges. engines the zd30 just incase you need that info thanks

I did mine the second way you suggest, with no dramas.
I think the egt and boost gauges are only necessary when you start playing around with boost or chip (ie putting more fuel in in the case of the zd30 chips).

In my case the mods after this are:
Exhaust, intercooler, new turbo and chip in that order.

Hey I've read other posts so I want to put a couple or a few gauges in I'm thinking about turbo, oil press, egt and water temp. I'm not sure what's best to have I have herd mixed things. I know turbo or egt is a must when I upgrade exhaust, intercooler and chip. I think I'm gone aim for two then three. Any combinations peeps recommend?

There are a few mobs that do combined gauges. From memory they are pretty expensive, but it probably isn't a big cost difference to buying 4 separate gauges. I have only got boost and egt on the pillar in my d22. If they had a 3 gauge pod available when I got mine, I would have gone that way and probably put oil pressure in too. Water temp probably isn't a bad idea, but egt and oil pressure will give you a good indication if it is getting a bit hot.

Yea I saw redarc they are pricey I've been looking at race tech. Yea I am aiming for ext boost/ turbo and oil press.
Bods - I looked on eBay for pillar pods just thinking is it illegal in some states or is as long it not in your window view it's all good.

Dunno mate. I'm in wa and never had a problem with them, but I guess it depends on what kind of day the copper is having if they canary you for it... if you only have a single din radio, there is space in the centre of the dash you can use, but other than that, you don't have a lot of options...

Yea I saw redarc they are pricey I've been looking at race tech. Yea I am aiming for ext boost/ turbo and oil press.
Bods - I looked on eBay for pillar pods just thinking is it illegal in some states or is as long it not in your window view it's all good.

yeh i got 4 race tech gauges. if you get them and want to turn the alarm off (it is pretty loud on start up) hold button in, turn on ignition and let it do its start up then release button.

I've used VDO twice now and my mates wont use anything but VDO. Price isnt bad if you spend the time to hunt around. I got the second set off fleabay with no problems at pretty good prices. I would sugest putting the egt and boost on before any mods so you can get base line readings. That way you get a clearer picture as to how your mods are actually effecting things. Just my 2 cents anyways good luck

Latest posts

Back