Gday all

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ankaz

Reaction score
Gday all,

I just come across this Nav forum, and must say it makes for some very interesting reading, its good to find a site where all members have the same interest.

Ive just purchased my new Navara Titanium and I'm in the market for a few accessories, so hopefully i can get the advice and knowledge from some of the members who have been in my position.

Cheers guys.

Welcome mate.

what kind accessories? theres heaps

First thing I'm after is a bull bar, but I'm still a bit undecided on what type to go for, I'm swinging towards the ARB deluxe bar, the D40 stock bumper looks the goods in my opinion, but it's just stupidly low at the front and because its one piece i can see myself ripping off my whole front end the first time i hit the hills.

I'll have a flick through some members photos and get an idea on what kind of bar would suit bast, can you suggest any members ?

Back to accessories, i also need a snorkel, i have heard very good things about the Safari Snorkel, but I'm not sure whether to stick with a genuine Nissan one, I'm very new to this forum so ill have a squizz through some old topics and I'm sure a few of my questions will be answered.

Welcome!

Mine has a Nissan steel bar and Nissan (Airtec) snorkel, pic is in the garage. The ARB bar (which is pretty much the Nissan bar anyway) is certified for use with the air bag system. The snorkel fitted on mine is NOT sealed, so a water crossing for me at the moment would be perilous. I'll be fixing that, but I understand that Safari actually test theirs to ensure a good seal.

Beyond that, the major difference is appearance. The Airtec/Nissan one is very sleek and doesn't have the detached "knuckle" look with the head floating above the front of the car, the intake is less obtrusive. I'd also guess that in the scrub, the Safari snorkel would catch more branches than the Airtec.

iv got an ironman bar which im very surprised after smashing it in a gully at 20km/h and moved about 5mm i was expecting worse...but if i had a second chance id got the arb bar as its solid steel throughout...the ironman top bar is bolted on but heard its now solid thruout but dont quote me.

I thought i'd pop up a few photos up of my new Titanium.
At the moment its still under 5000 km's and totally stock, but as Ive posted I'm looking into a few accessories in the near future.
I suppose its good to see a before shot and as i add new mods i can post new photos as i go.

IMG_8389.jpg

The main reason i brought the Nav is, I'm right into my fishing and travel all around Vic to do so, so it was essential my new vehicle was capable of towing our boat whenever & wherever we wanted to go.
Yet to tow it down to Port Welshpool Vic, which will be a good test with all the hills on the way, but i cant see it being a problem.
The boat tops the scales at around 2.5 tonne without fuel and all our gear onboard.

2007_08260023.jpg

(That's the old man piss farten around in the back)

068.jpg

That's me with my PB Snapper.

Cheers Matt.

Nice truck AND boat mate.

You need to come up here, your PB Snapper are used as livies...........lol just kidding, nice fish.

Thanks mate,

I'm heading up to Arno Bay SA later this year to hopefully SMASH my previous PB, they get some Monster Reds cruising around up there and i have a funny feeling a few have got my name on em:big_smile:

Luckily i had my car in my garage on Satdy when Melbourne got hail stones the size of golf balls, gee that would have really made my day.

Very nice setup,great pics.i used to fish at Mclaughlins years ago,tricky bar but good fishing.

I copped two spots of hail damage on my bonnet from saturday,three days after getting it back from the panel beater.
Glad you got yours out of the way.

Can be very dangerous at times down there, actually more often than not.

Spewing on the hail damage, but i suppose it could have been alot worse,
There might be a few cheap Navs for sale, apparently Ferntree Gully Nissan got coped it in a bad way.

Booked in for my Airtech Snorkel this week,
I'm a wee bit concerned after a few of the stories Ive heard about shonky installations, but i suppose we'll see how it all goes.
Any ideas on what i can say to the service manager when i take it in to insure the jobs done properly with NO shortcuts?

Well got my snorkel fitted before i went away for Easter, looking back i should have got underbody bash plates as well,
I went up to Jackson's Crossing Snowy River, Camping and 4x4ing,
On the second day we planned a day trip to a near by bridge, on the way i smashed a hole in my sump on a submerged river rock crossing jackson's crossing, luckily i was with a good crew who helped me out, ended up draining the oil and removing the sump and driving an hour to Buchan to get it welded up, headed back fitted the repaired sump and all was good.
Safe to say i was a bit unprepared for my first 4x4ing weekend away.

Anyone know if me fixing it myself will effect my new car warranty?

on the way i smashed a hole in my sump on a submerged river rock

When i got my ute i looked underneath and and then went to tjm and got sump and transmission guards.Plenty of dents in them now.
A worthwhile investment for D40 4x4 vehicles,even if you've done a lift.

Latest posts

Back