G'Day Hunters and 4X4 Extremests

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigD

Reaction score
Hi Guys im a big time off roader, but not unless i have a rifle or fishing rod with me.
My Navara takes me all over Australia on some unreal Adventures.

I have posted some action shots on the D22 Galleries, feel free to say hi and post some of the adventures your Navara takes you on!!!

Phew, here I was thinking you were a Greeny about to have a rant.

Enjoy the forum mate.

Same reason I got my Nav :).
But I don't mins going with my trusty 12gauge either

d22dave said:
The smell of gun powder in the morning

And lucky me will be smelling it all weekend. Just took the misses out to a nice expensive dinner out at bondi so I could go away with the fellas this weekend to have a shoot and some 4wding :) test that snorkel

And lucky me will be smelling it all weekend. Just took the misses out to a nice expensive dinner out at bondi so I could go away with the fellas this weekend to have a shoot and some 4wding :) test that snorkel

Well have a good weekend then.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2004nrHxa0&feature=related[/YT]

Not really into gun's. But wouldn't mind having a go of this baby.

Picked up my new
Police edition Remington pump action 30-06 yesterday :)

Yea thats what its all about. Im Also off to Lithgow this weekend for a trout fish and whistle up a few foxes.
Its just good to get away, I wasnt to shore where you members live but we have a few sydeny folks i see.

Thanks for the welcome guys, i will have a search around this site and see what tips i can get here from other members.

I will continue to post some action shots here after my trips away. feel free to add me to your friends contacts for all you hunters/ fisho's out there

Its a hard life, Got to work this morning and the boss wants me to go spotlighting, The hares are into the new trees. Just have to make up my mind about which calibre to give them .17 hmr sounds nice:sarcastic:

d22dave said:
Its a hard life, Got to work this morning and the boss wants me to go spotlighting, The hares are into the new trees. Just have to make up my mind about which calibre to give them .17 hmr sounds nice:sarcastic:

What do you do for work?
I just got back from hill end. Picked off a few goats and Roos. All with my .22 mag. Roos were picked with My trusty .243 :) Those .17hmrs don't like any wind at all. My mate using one couldn't pick off anything in the wind this weekend unfortunately.
Definitely nice to use in no wind though

Yea the old hares, i visit The Cherry Orchards every year in Young NSW as the hares ringbark the cherry trees.
In return when the fruit is ready i get a few boxes for my trouble.. too easy

My prefered weapon of choice for these is my Winchester 22 Magnum and for the foxes too.
I have shot a few times with a Remington .17hmr and they can be very accurate. What i didnt like on the long shots is the stopping power. even with balistic tips.

One of my other favorite ways to hunt is with the ferrets, flushing the rabbits from there burrows (rabbiting) i have been doing this since i was 15yrs old riding my BMX with a milk crate on the front to the local creek/bush and bringing 3 or 4 rabbits home for dinner.

Cant get enough !!

Last edited:
BigD said:
Yea the old hares, i visit The Cherry Orchards every year in Young NSW as the hares ringbark the cherry trees.
In return when the fruit is ready i get a few boxes for my trouble.. too easy

My prefered weapon of choice for these is my Winchester 22 Magnum and for the foxes too.
I have shot a few times with a Remington .17hmr and they can be very accurate. What i didnt like on the long shots is the stopping power. even with balistic tips.

One of my other favorite ways to hunt is with the ferrets, flushing the rabbits from there burrows (rabbiting) i have been doing this since i was 15yrs old riding my BMX with a milk crate on the front to the local creek/bush and bringing 3 or 4 rabbits home for dinner.

Cant get enough !!

That's exactly how I feel about .17hmrs
I love my .22 mag. It's an old savage model 64. Dead on at 100 metres.
I went and visited nick Harvey on the weekend and he gave me some 45 grain dyna points and I've never been happier. I've been using hornady ballistic tips for the last year and wont stray away from these dyna points now.
Also he gave me some
Winchester supreme silvertips got my .243 and wow. Best impact damage I've ever seen From my .243.
Unfortunately theyre discontinued line.
He gave me three packs and said he has a box more.

Latest posts

Back