Hi from E Gippsland

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shane_1

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, thanks for all the info I've already gleaned from these forums.
I have a 2007 D40 2.5l Navara, recently purchased locally from a guy who calls himself a mechanic.

I previously had a Subaru Outback wagon, of which I loved dearly, but since buying a pop top caravan (about 1200kg), I didn't feel 'safe" towing with the bouncing around. So we passed that car on and purchased the Narava.

I've never owned a 4WD, never driven a 4WD, nor have I owned a diesel. So it's all new to me.

I've had limp mode issues, traced to the Mass Airflow Sensor being dirty. Cleaned & replaced air filter, solved.
I still have black smoking issues, of which I'll post in relevant forum.
And, I have overheating issues when towing a small 1200kg pop top Jayco caravan. Again, i'll post in the relevant forum.

Otherwise, I love the new Ute. Comfy seats, room for our small family, plenty of rear storage in the Ute and she sits beautifully on the road when towing the van.

Looking forward to sharing our adventures and keeping her on the road.

Hey Old Tony, yes, just posted in the D40 engine forum, re breaking the bleeder cap for the cooling system and still diagnosing my overheating when climbing a hill with a load attached. :(
Threw all tools down today and walked away when that bleeder cap snapped off from the main housing.

Hi guys, i had exact overheat issue under load up hills. At one point the temp climbed well over 120 C, no damage fortunately.
My problem was absolutely 100% a blocked radiator. I took it out and ripped the top and bottom tanks off and 3/4 of the cores were blocked. No bright light or compressed air could passed through. Threw in a new Koyo (about 350 bucks off ebay) and she runs much cooler. Before radiator change she would reach 98 on the motorway, no towing load, now 89 to 91. Under load she would get to 112 to 115 in under 15 mins, now 95 odd.
The ebay guy that sold me the radiator (all he really sells) was very certain that because my radiator was almost 10 years old it would be blocked.
I took the opportunity to replace the water pump, the old one was still pretty much perfect. I checked the thermostat and it worked perfectly- note my thermostat is the oversized one.
I was expecting coolant to be blue but it was red flushed system with loads of demineralised water then filled with high quality 127 C boiling point coolant.
Hope that helps someone.

Back