G'Day Hunters and 4X4 Extremests

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you do for work?
) Those .17hmrs don't like any wind at all. .
Definitely nice to use in no wind though

On a farm. The 17 is good as long as there,s not a sniff of wind, Mainly take the 223 if its windy, But 17 is good in around the neighbors no noise complaints. So you can imagine the complaints when i give the 300 wsm a crack when out spotlighting

On a farm. The 17 is good as long as there,s not a sniff of wind, Mainly take the 223 if its windy, But 17 is good in around the neighbors no noise complaints. So you can imagine the complaints when i give the 300 wsm a crack when out spotlighting

And what might you be spotlighting with a 300 wsm may I enquire hmmmmm.

And what might you be spotlighting with a 300 wsm may I enquire hmmmmm.

In the autumn and spring months up in the ranges north of Goulburn NSW we used to go pig hunting at about 9pm. I'd take my 6.5mm Mauser with steel jackets ... perfect for drilling inspection holes in pigs' skulls, but the Mauser made a hell of a bang. Knocks the bejeezus out of your shoulder too.

Up out back of Glenn Innes we'd go out for rabbits and foxes (always take out the foxes after culling the rabbits) but I'd use a Stirling .22 semi-auto with Stinger rounds. Not bad at 100 metres even in a breeze - could headshot a rabbit.

Yea the old hares, i visit The Cherry Orchards every year in Young NSW as the hares ringbark the cherry trees.
In return when the fruit is ready i get a few boxes for my trouble.. too easy

My prefered weapon of choice for these is my Winchester 22 Magnum and for the foxes too.
I have shot a few times with a Remington .17hmr and they can be very accurate. What i didnt like on the long shots is the stopping power. even with balistic tips.

One of my other favorite ways to hunt is with the ferrets, flushing the rabbits from there burrows (rabbiting) i have been doing this since i was 15yrs old riding my BMX with a milk crate on the front to the local creek/bush and bringing 3 or 4 rabbits home for dinner.

Cant get enough !!

i love my hmr17,they have plenty of stopping power when you aim at the head,lol, i have it sighted in at 200m and can hit a cigarette lighter most times,when i dont move the barrel too much..:rock:

In the autumn and spring months up in the ranges north of Goulburn NSW we used to go pig hunting at about 9pm. I'd take my 6.5mm Mauser with steel jackets ... perfect for drilling inspection holes in pigs' skulls, but the Mauser made a hell of a bang. Knocks the bejeezus out of your shoulder too.

Up out back of Glenn Innes we'd go out for rabbits and foxes (always take out the foxes after culling the rabbits) but I'd use a Stirling .22 semi-auto with Stinger rounds. Not bad at 100 metres even in a breeze - could headshot a rabbit.

Yea Old Tony i has a 6.5x55 carl gustaff mouser and we nick named it (The Cannon) thats what it was.
The Mouser for you that dont know is this rifle was used in the second world war as a sniper rifle. Its know as a flat line rife. the bullet drops only an inch over 500yrds with maximum stopping power. I use to use the soft tip that would mushroom on impact.
With a serious scope you could get some unreal distance shots.

used to have 2 of those 6.5mm mausers,yes they are very accurate but my 300win magnum leaves it for dead....this thing drops moose size game at 900mtrs...

Thats crazy !! Your crazy !! I Like it, October weekend is the next shooting trip away for me. Cant wait

Latest posts

Back