Gentleman's Amber Liquid Of Choice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobez

Reaction score
Now, first off, i don't promote alcohol abuse and i am a big believer of anything in moderation is simply enjoying the nicer things in life. But alot of us a partial to the ol' amber liquid, and ever since the boutique beers have gained alot of popularity, it's up there with fine wine tasting and what not.

There are alot of boutique beers on the market, and i have a workmate who has compiled a 250 page beer encyclopedia that he is looking to get published, which brings me to ask, what is your beer of choice?

On a hot day, my standard beer of choice is an ice ice cold VB can, but my 3 boutique beers of choice in order are:

Endeavour Pale Ale (multi Australian award winner, like a super sophisticated Little Creatures Pale)

Little Creatures Pale Ale

Coldstream Brewery (local brewery hear in the Eastern burbs of Melbourne) Czech Pilsner (sensational full strength Pilsner that doesn't smash your tastebuds with a million heavy flavours).

My old man brews an evil 9% Coopers Pale, very light cloudy colour, one pint knocks you for six, so it's comsumed very moderately, but has no dirty preservatives, so you feel 100% the next day.

I used to be a Jack Daniels man until i took the road to clean eating 2 years ago and now i'll just have one or two as a nightcap occasionally.

I still drink CUB beers now and then, but at the moment its Stella's, not boutique, but better than cub and $40 a slab.

Actually find that most euro and Japanese mass produced beers shit all over Carlton and Untited breweries, Stella, heineken, ect, the jap ones; sapporro, asahi, ect are only good if they are the imported ones from the original breweries. The ones brewed under license here, canada or tailand taste like cats piss.

James squire Chancer is a favorite, Mountain Goat, and Fat Yak; both good local beers in colder weather

Im always trying new shit, but by no means a connoisser - im too stupid to remember what i drank more often than not

Shofferhoffer - im pretty certain thats not how its spelled, but they do a gorgeous german whit beer.

But yep, a cold glass of VB poured from a longneck is always a winner

Last edited:
I'm partial to a drop of Cooper's. At the moment I'm (I mean right now) I'm drinking Cooper's Celebration Ale. IMHO one of the best beers to be had!! Over the festive season I went through a few cartons of Corona (not with some sort of fruit jammed in the bottle) but other than Cooper's I like European wheat beers.
Cheers Brad

I think I have a drinking problem I like too many beers. Hard split between Heineken VB or extra drys. Usually it's whatever is cheaper at the time

Im spewin! The VB 30 can blocks are finished! The two reasons being that cans are cleaner to dispose of whilst camping, and cans stay super cold.

I don't go much for these new fangled Craft beers.

I've taken a shine to Hahn Super Dry lately, comes in 3.2 litres for my Tap King too!

Not minding this cascade bright ale atm.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394352274.955117.jpg

7 sheds is worth a try from time to time - bit exxy for a daily though.

Its not a special beer, but my favorite is the imported stellas. If I can get them in the 550ml cans im in heaven.

Coopers celebration? Dark or amber ale? Cant say i have tried that one
To be honest I've never poured one into a glass, so I can't say. But my guess is it would be a brown to dark being as it's a 150yo recipe(?????) so I'm led to believe. Either way it's a typical Cooper's, I may have had one too many this arvo!!!!

Cheers and beers, Brad

Dependes in my mood. Standard drinking with mates. Beer, what every is going.

If I'm in a bad mood and really just want to start shit Spirts..........

So Beer is the drinking with mates. Loving Karl
Spirts yeah makes aggressive Karl

Latest posts

Back