Genuine Tonneau Covers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevodevo

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with the soft tonneau covers that Nissan sell with brand new D22's? The one on my quote says it's an under lip cover (I think the one with no Nissan logo). I'm weighing up pro's and con's between that style and the standard bungee loop style. My gut feeling is that the over the lip bungee style will be more waterproof (which is my main goal), but then there's other things to consider like how they go around the sports bar and paint wear over the lip etc. Also, I suppose it's better not to drill into the body if I don't have to? Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Yeah not a tub liner... sounds more like what ourd40 is describing. On the quote it just says "Tonneau Cvr-Soft Underlip Tub". I haven't figured out how to post an image here yet, but it's the one that's displayed on the Nissan website under the D22 accessories section (http://www.nissan.com.au/webpages/models/Navara_D22_model.html#/accessories).

I'm glad to hear they're good ourd40. I'm new to the whole ute thing, so I have no SFA idea about these sorts of things!

Thanks,
Steve.

Yep, if it's like the D40 style they work well, keeps the dust out to. I had to put in a small piece of rubber foam between the to lips on each rear corner where they almost meet at a 90deg. angle.
The only downside to the new style, there is no tie-down rails like my old rodeo had. I do miss them otherwise there a good thing.

I prefer the loop style tonneau covers, because if you have something in the back that is a little bit higher then the tub, you can stretch it over and still get a few hooks on. Where as if you have the other style, there is no stretch at all.

Thanks heaps for the replies. Sounds like it will work well. I did have the thought like trublu about being able to stretch the loop style cover over higher loads with the older style. Sounds like even that will be OK with the newer style going by what ourd40 says. Thanks again!

Nah trublu I reckon that's the logical assumption - it's surprising to hear they made the new style retain that flexibility.

Truth be told I reckon I actually prefer the look of the loop style better myself too. Gonna try the new ones out though.

Well... went and picked up my shiny new black D22 yesterday. Ordered it with the new style tonneau after taking the good advice here, and guess what it came with... yes that's right, the older loop style!

Get wrong the other way around and it would be a simple fix, but now the tub has holes drilled in the side. I stood firm and the dealer agreed to let me take it home now, and replace the entire tub next month, so that's a pretty good outcome I suppose.

Anyway... I'm now an official member - woohoo!

yea my 06 has a fair bit of paint missing under the cover, worn down to the metal body in some parts :tazzy:

Latest posts

Back