Geocaching

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Dog

Reaction score
Has anyone on here tried geocaching?

Its like orienteering only you use your GPS to find the stash. There are thousands of caches stashed all over Australia and can be done in conjunction with four wheel driving.

It is very addictive and has become one more distraction from my Uni studies.

my mate did this last time we went camping. i personally didnt find it interesting.

my mate did this last time we went camping. i personally didnt find it interesting.

It really boils down to which cache's you try to find.. some can be a mindless waste of time. Have a look at Geocaching Australia - Free and Open Global Geocaching It's related to the main geocaching.com site, but ran and managed locally, focusing on local caches. Try finding some of their top rated caches will be 100 times more rewarding than just going for the next boring one in a local park.

My kids love it - mix it up with a bit of local history or geography, and you've got a magic way to spend a day in the bush, and keep the kids entertained.

~N

I suppose the one big selling point of it is that you are nearly guaranteed to go and see something new and unique. That's not a bad thing.

This is just another excuse to get out and about. It's gotta beat driving 112km in heavy traffic to a beach's parking lot, pulling out an eski and a towel and sitting on the hot sand turning into a lobster and praying that the hypodermic you stepped on didn't have any nasty surprises like Hep C.

Latest posts

Back