Gippsland members catch up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great.

Mate there are some camp sites in Walhalla, or take the turn off to Coopers Creek and camp down there.

I've got a few plans on saturday so an overnighter is not on the cards.

Just remembered the patrol is getting picked up on sunday morning so im out, have a good one anyway

Well the day is over after 4 Gippsland Navs ventured to Walhalla - Sossel, chilly, Widge87 and I. Two D22's and two D40's. All well set up with some good gear. It never ceases to amaze me the ideas that come away from a catch up like this.

The initial meet up found that Sossel already new chilly, and was also aquainted with Widge's family. Clear to see I am not a local!

It had been raining in Walhalla and looked like there was more to come so we reconsidered our trip route after some info that the Deep Creek tracks were a mess.

It was clear that Sossel and chilly have extensive knowledge of the area so I was somewhat guided by them.

Off to Britannia Tk, and somehow ended up on Happy Jacks Track, back on the black top to Narrows track - where we learnt my left is sometimes my right.........anyway we found the track and pressed on to the first tree on the track. My chain is blunt so chilly carved up the log in seconds with his saw and we were off again.............until the next set of three trees across the track (see the pics attached). My first option was to turnaround but the lads, Sossel and chilly, got their saws going and demonstrated some obvious skill in removing trees.

We wandered down to the river were it crossed to Saddle Tk. The crossing was deep and the water flowing pretty fast - too fast for a group of lads out for a leisurely drive. Back up to Thompson Valley Road and down to Beardmores Tk to cross the river but still too deep, very wide and flowing way too fast for us.

We took the weir road to Walhalla Road and cruised back into town for a feed at the pub. I was surprised how beat up some parts of the Walhalla Road had become.

A great chance to catch up, swap yarns and ideas.

Looking forward to catching up again lads.

Attachments

• DSCF8165.jpg
    DSCF8165.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCF8167.jpg
    DSCF8167.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCF8170.jpg
    DSCF8170.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 62
Good day out thanks guys, was good to meet a few of they local members. Do it again soon
Few pics below of saddle trk and Ridgie in action

Attachments

• DSC00706.JPG
    DSC00706.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC00708.JPG
    DSC00708.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 69

Latest posts

Back