Glow Plugs for 2014 140kw.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flamingo

Reaction score
Hi All
have a 2014 titanium. Needs glow plugs. Code p0380. Old plug is 7 volt. Question is are there only 7volt and 12 volt? Thanks..

Hi Tony I have replaced my glow plugs and the engine light is still on. I had it reset but keeps coming back on again, how do I test the relay behind the battery. Tia

You should be able to feel it coming on (the 'click' of a relay as it is turned on and off), but your glows will also get power (via that relay) when the cold engine is first turned on.

The glow plug rail should be energised during startup - check the voltage from the engine casing (or battery negative) to the bolts.

If you pull the glows you can test them easily:

Hi Tony, I replaced the glow plugs. Reset the code. It’s come back on a day later. Frustrating!

Is power getting to the plugs? Easy to test, just need someone to turn the ignition to the "ON" position while the engine is cold (not starting it) and you've got a multimeter on Volts (0-50V range) with black lead on battery negative and red lead on the glow plug. If you're not seeing 12V, you've got a relay or fuse problem.

Latest posts

Back