Goodyear 3 for 4

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sumodog

Reaction score
Goodyear 3 for 4 tyre offer is on again . I guess it is a 25% discount on RRP so chances are other tyre dealers might be able to match it.
Nevertheless i decided to buy new shoes for my D40 550 and picked Wrangler Adventures in 245/70/17 119/116R . Probably not most fashionable size as it goes against current baggy trend but it only increses rolling diameter by 1.5% .
70 section tyre looks taller and narrower than the OE 255/65/17 which is more function than fashion.
Only done couple of hundreds ks so far but they balanced easily and look like a decent quality tyre. Ride is unsurprisingly slightly firmer.
Will report after some off road use.

Last edited:
This Is what they look like - a bit old school one could say

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
I think balancing well with little weight is a sign of a good tire. Nice precision molds that they ditch before going out of round. You do pay more but worth it.

I think balancing well with little weight is a sign of a good tire. Nice precision molds that they ditch before going out of round. You do pay more but worth it.

I ve always had good experience with Toyo 4wd tyres and was planning to go with new (to Australia) AT2 but decided to take a chance on Goodyears and so far no regrets. Goodyear are cheeky and exclude duratracs and mtr from the deal. Some retailers would not even sell me Adventure AT under 3 for 4 deal.
In heavy rain there is less outright traction compared to 80% worn stockies and traction control light flickers throught most roundabouts , i blame the way V9X produces torque for that - but all it takes is A bit less pressure on the accelerator and it is all good. Deep puddle water dispersion at speed is good - contact patch is narrower ,thread is deep so water seems to clear easily and they feel like they are cutting through rather than build up water beneath them.
These are heavy tyres , E load rated and even my mrs commented that ute feels different - you do notice slight decrease of initial accelaration but not to the point it is annoying.

Last edited:
Adventures are updated version of Silent Armours - Would be similar class all terrains around 70/30 on/off road. In LT construction both are 119 in my size meaning similar constuction. At a guess they are both a pretty good tyre.

Latest posts

Back