Got my New D22 about 3 weeks ago

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aidano

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Picked up the new ute about 3 weeks ago.
Love it after driving a 1990 non turbo 2.5d Triton for a couple of years.
I got factory black steel bull bar, h/duty tow pack, Arb smooth finish canopy with full roof racks, and a bit of hail damage thrown in cheap.
I am very happy with the ute, wouldn't mind a bit more low down, i will order a 23/4 beaudesert exhaust soon (unless anyone tells me otherwise) apparently this will help it out quite allot.
I have already put an aftermarket stereo with blue tooth in it and neoprene seat covers (the best).
Not very happy with a few things.

The alignment of the tub on the ute is pathetic, about 15-20mm out from left to right against the cab.
When i brought this up at the 1000 k waste of time service the said that the tub is not adjustable and there may be a slight twist in the chasis. I responded saying that if there is any sort of twist in the chasis i want a new vehicle, and that i could spend a couplr of hours with some rubber bushes and adjust there unadjustable tub, so why couldnt they.

The fitting of the canopy from ARB is a joke, when i bought the ute they talked me out of the carry boy saying they are over priced and the arb is pretty good. I will never do that again i have had most of the common canopies on the market on variouse vehicle and will never again buy anything but a carry boy no matter how much they cost.

When i picked the ute up after the first service when the canopy was fitted there was metal fillngs all over it from the Roof of the cab and canopy to all the window seals.
The roof rack on the canopy is about 40mm out of alignment with the cab, and the roof bars on the cab are no were near ligning up with the canopy bars for hieght. I would not have spent the extra 400 on the bars over the cab if i had not been mislead as to them ligning up with the canopy bars.
The tailgate hits the canopy when you open it, and even the protective plastic strip on the tailgate had metal fillings underit and snaked all over the place for straight.

All these issues will hope fully get fixed tommorrow at Ferntree Gully Nissan.

Don't get me wrong i love the ute and sorry for the length of this post i needed to vent somewhere.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back