Grampians trip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick-J

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm heading to the Grampians this weekend with the family, I won the war on taking the Wombat over taking the wife's Commodore so need info on tracks etc. in the area if anyone can help. We are staying in Halls Gap, so if anyone is in the area it would be good to catch up. :cheers!: Mick.

Are you looking for slow winding roads, 4x4 trax, or goat paths up the side of a mountain?

i havent been 4wheel driving up there but i lived round there for 16 years.

the wartook, zumstians road is slow and winding two lane tmac and up by wonder land time table is bout the same.

there are some 4x4 trax like the china mans and mount difficult trax's

as for the others there are plenty of washed out near vertical fire trax round the place.

hope this helps

Hi guys. Got back from the Grampians last night (tues). Thanks for the advice. Wow what a trip, went to the Info centre when we arrived and talked to the girl at the desk. She gave me a printout of roads closed etc. in the area due to heavy rains over the last few weeks, then sent me to the Newsagents up the road. They had 4x4 offroad maps of the area for sale. The place is fantastic, found a track called Launders rd. close to extreme, good rocky climb & 1st gear decent. other good one was Fields track, different challenges throughout. I have to head up to work now, I'll post some picks when I get back ( didn't get many, having to much fun to stop). I cant wait to go back there.... :cheers!: Mick.

Hi guys, finally got back from work, we were rained infor a few days, and to think it"s summer!!! well I tried to post some photos of the trip but they are to big. I'll keep trying though. Hey 08KINGCAB did you end up going?

Look like you had a good trip, My old boss lives in Coffin Bay, looking at your picks that might be my next trip.

sounds like a good spot. i go fishing over there every second week but ive never been 4wding over there. i guess mt cole and the pyrenees is closer and there are some good spots in there. next time im fishing over there ill have to take a few hours and go for a drive.

Latest posts

Back