Had Paul from YD25.com look at car

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulschuit81

Reaction score
I took the 09 stx to have Paul do a timing chain check and thank god it was all good!!! while I had him I asked about his EGR delete kit and he had parts in stock so he fitted that while I was there. this bloke knows ALOT about these engines!!! the kit he sells has 3 blanking plates and he removes the egr pipe completely and adds a length of pipe to reattach the heating system back up . very happy with the service he gave and he listened to and answered all of my stupid questions. highly recommened:rock:

Way to go mate! Yep, Paul is good.
He'll answer anyone's questions cause he does know the yd25 engine.
He's a fair bloke too.
I'd go back in a minute if I had to.
Unlike Nissan service dept.

the price he charged was about half of what I was expecting!! he sh*ts on most mechanics when it comes to this engine ( that I have spoken to anyway) I wouldn't be surprised if he gave 90% of nissans mechanics a run for their money. will call him next time I have questions as for Nissan , not so much

I took the 09 stx to have Paul do a timing chain check and thank god it was all good!!! while I had him I asked about his EGR delete kit and he had parts in stock so he fitted that while I was there. this bloke knows ALOT about these engines!!! the kit he sells has 3 blanking plates and he removes the egr pipe completely and adds a length of pipe to reattach the heating system back up . very happy with the service he gave and he listened to and answered all of my stupid questions. highly recommened:rock:

Out of interest, how many km has your engine done.

Regards

Greg

my d40 has done 123000 klms , was about ready for a check just to be safe, Nav22yd25cr I will check receipt tomorrow , I was well looked after . he checked chain and also fitted erg kit , took about 4 and half hrs ( lots of talking time and questions from me) and I come out of it a few $$$ over $300 for the lot. top bloke at a bargain price considering a decent mechanic isn't cheap!!!

my d40 has done 123000 klms , was about ready for a check just to be safe, Nav22yd25cr I will check receipt tomorrow , I was well looked after . he checked chain and also fitted erg kit , took about 4 and half hrs ( lots of talking time and questions from me) and I come out of it a few $$$ over $300 for the lot. top bloke at a bargain price considering a decent mechanic isn't cheap!!!

Great to see the chain was still good at 123000km.

Regards

Greg

How do they check the chain and what are they checking for exactly.My mechanic said its a big job to check time wise.How long should it take and what does it cost to replace if needed?

Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Back