Having a canopy fitted ,want to seal the tailgate .

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrome dome

Reaction score
Hi i no ive seen this some were but as the intro states im having a Razor back steel canopy fitted and im looking for ideas on how to try and seal the tailgate and tub . I have a dual cab ST thai built 4x4 . Thanks in advance for your time .

See above... someone has tried the clark rubber kit from memory... may have been Old Tony?

Ive just come up with a few ideas to seal the tailgate . The main one being that i will run some 60 x 25 folded aluminium angle along the bottom of the tray using existing holes from the tub liner and then use some sticky backed foam to seal the bottom and then some foam to seal the sides . I know this is a bit vague but i will post pictures when its done .

I'm going to do mine too, thinking of a strip of neoprene along the bottom, between tub & tailgate, held under the tub liner, with some velcro at the sides

I used pinch weld for my tub. Mine is a d22 though still working out how to seal the bottom lip of tub but I think I know what I need. Also this pinch weld was from Clark rubber.

Rusty

I bought the Clark Rubber kit (about $60 from memory) and it didn't seal the tailgate completely. It needs additional work though - the kit is not 100%.

If you are sealing the tub up, watch the top of the front corners. There's a hidden gap in there - if your intention is to go wading above the lip of the tub, water will flood in through there. If you're looking to seal it from dust, then the tailgate is going to be enough.

I've got a neat solution, I'll post tonight with pics, the hardest part to seal is the top corners of the tailgate against the rear window/canopy, and the only place I haven't done properly

Last edited:
Check out my build thread in members rides, I did mine the other day work well, still need too test it in a creek crossing. Got the seals from ovesco.

Telegherry River was up about a week ago. Water came just over the top of the bullbar and onto the bonnet. Normally it's fairly low like this:

attachment.php

that's about axle-deep. With all the rain it's gotten a fair bit deeper and if you don't have a bit of weight in the back it will move you to the side (remember we've got a steel bar + winch up the front, and a tub full of gear in the back).

That's if it's still running that hard. It's a mountain stream with not much more above it, so it's very closely tied to the prevailing weather.

Latest posts

Back