head board

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d40

Reaction score
Can anyone tell how hard it is to remove the head board from a RX ...can see theres 6 bolts but then there is the sticky sh*t they stick it down with to the tub....how to remove that sh*t ....cheers

I removed one the other day for the young bloke with a RX who bought my sports bar, was an easy job only took 5min. The tricky part was getting at the two bolts either side of the tray that ar between the cab and the back board, its just a matter of a ratchet spanner and lots of little swings.

I just read the other thread and there must be a difference between the old RX and the new RX because i didnt have to use a grinder or cut anything, just undid the bolts and away it went.

The new RX boards are sealed round the bottom of the boards, making them a PITA to remove, unless you just attack it with a grinder and fit an over-rail liner to hide the hideous gouges you've just created...

The new RX boards are sealed round the bottom of the boards, making them a PITA to remove, unless you just attack it with a grinder and fit an over-rail liner to hide the hideous gouges you've just created...

How are they a PITA?? i did one only a week ago and it took 5min 10 at the most, absolutely no need to get out a grinder. As i said above i simply undone the bolts and lifted it off piss of piss not a pain at all.

How are they a PITA?? i did one only a week ago and it took 5min 10 at the most, absolutely no need to get out a grinder. As i said above i simply undone the bolts and lifted it off piss of piss not a pain at all.

What age was the vehicle you removed it from?

Strange, all the new ones Ive come across are sealed and bonded to the tub as well as bolted.. And Ive just realised we're not talking D22. Il be quiet now.. oops

Ahhhh shit sorry should have said at the beginning its a 07 d40 RX...whoooopppppssss sorry guys

When I did mine I just ran a knife though the sealant and it lifted away. You will need to ether cut the bar work off or get the top bit from a ST/STX to replace the top edge of your tub. I have an '09 D40 RX btw.

Latest posts

Back