Head/head gasket done

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister2

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just got the great news that my head gasket is gone, losing water into one of the cylinders.

Anyway, I've heard the heads on these engines are sketchy so figured I'd do that at the same time.

Can anyone see a reason why this wouldnt be a good replacement? - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-N...nc-New-Valves-Gaskets-HeadBolts-/290958768912

Also, if anyones done this before, what sort of prices were mechanics throwing around?

Thanks,

Hey mate, i did mine about 10 months ago, bought my head from ebay (similar kit to what you have found) i got it from all car engines in QLD for around the same price it was exactly the same as original and came with everything i needed and even a few gaskets i didnt, still going well 15000ks later. as for what price a mechanic would charge im not sure i did the job myself which isnt really that hard its just time consuming which is where the dollars would add up with a mechanic. If you're pretty mechanically minded give it a go yourself, could save a lot of $$$

Yeah, I had a local guy quote me 5k and for that sort of money i'll shout a few mates some beers and make a weekend of it

Yeah its not a bad job to do, the worst thing is all the stuff you have to pull off to get to the head, if you download the manual which is on here somewhere you'll have no dramas!

Yeah I got that manual, had a quick look at it but couldnt work out how to navigate it properly haha

yeah its a pain to find things on! Supplement 7 Revision 2 it has a few exploded diagrams of the head and timing gear which has all the tensions on it. as for the Ebay head i'd say go for it, mine was spot on and a lot better than 1800 the local engine reconditioning place wanted for just the bare head.

Latest posts

Back