Head unit with dual camera inputs?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryc

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations in this area?

We never really use the head unit and since The Boss just can not adjust to the lower driving position for parking, etc, I need to fit something that will a reversing camera picture. Looking for dual camera capacity when the trailer is on.

Otherwise, does anyone know of a little screen that will mount in its place. I'll just have to make up another project based on a Raspberry Pi or something.

Hi Terry. You can use a single input to the screen and run two cameras. I have a kenwood double DIN unit that is a touch screen DVD player and I run two cameras to it one on the Nav and one on my camp trailer. You can also rig it up so you can have the camera running like a rear view mirror while driving. You have to run the RCA's from the cameras into a two into one splitter then you use a switch to control the 12v supply to each camera (double throw) On-Off-On so only one camera has power at any one time. Then if you want it on all the time you can aswell as using the reverse light as one feed you use the remote or power antenna wire off the head unit through another switch.

See diagram below.

Attachments

• image-1677829487.jpg
    image-1677829487.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 158
Thanks. That idea was a fall back. It will work just so long as I remember to switch it to whatever state it needs(trailer connected or not). That is a bit beyond The Boss.

Latest posts

Back