Headlight globe replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A mate of mine with an 07 spanish D40 just rang me. Is there a trick to replacing the left hand headlight globe. I just looked at the RX I have on the driveway and its obviously different.
He says the air box is in the way. Does that have to be removed or is there an easier way.

ive got an 07 stx and I had to take the airbox out as well. Good luck undoing the nut under the airbox you need tiny fingers!

Just replaced both mine...and the left is a pain in the ass alright.... Having big hands made it even harder!!! Found it easier to leave the rubber on, just peel it back a bit and unclip it and bring it all out.... parking lights are even harder:suicide2:

I have an 07 STX dual cab, both headlight globes and both park light globes are a pain to change but they can be done in a few minutes without the need to remove or move any other components. You may sacrafice a little skin though.

Just fitted narva Plus 100 H4 globes. BRILLIANT!!!! pun intended. No really, tried LHS first and tested against a wall, BIG difference. Road test great too. Brighter, Whiter, longer beam. $52pair at Auto1
Oh, ADR approved 60/55w suit poly lenses

It was on the front of your ute last time I saw it biscuits have you checked there?

There has been talk of globes for the D40 in a number of threads but FIIK which threads.

Think you'll find that has been discussed in previous threads and legality is the issue, I could be wrong though maybe they just thought it was a great idea. Try searching

HID conversions are ILLEGAL in a Navara unless you install the latest R51 headlights and bits.
A little light reading for you
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html
Add the fact that most seem to say they dont actually work as well as reported and its not worth the effort. I run the Plus 50 globes in mine and will go Plus 100 soon and they work well and dont effect wiring or the headlights but are brighter .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back