Headlight globe retaining clip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDDI

Reaction score
Hope some one here can help?Trying to change a headlight globe should be easy enough PPPHHHFFT.2012 ST SPANISH so i squeeze the two tips of the clip and pull,result is three meters of skin missing off the back of my hand and the globe and clip are still intact. Can anybody tell me how the frack these things come out PLEASE?:pissedoff:

If it's anything like my Nissan Qashqai, the bulbs (globes?) are held in place by a little piece of metal, which sits around the connector and the bulb itself.

You have to turn this counter clockwise before you can take out the bulb.

Mine was tight as F...! And with little space it took me an hour to change 2 bulbs.

A tip: When you finally get them off, you can bend the little pins a bit, so they won't be SO tight. Just make sure you don't loosen them so much that they don't grab on enough....

There's a rubber boot that you have to pull back to get to the clip. The clip then squeezes together (like tweezers) then lifts away and lets the bulb free. Steps:

1) Unplug the globe.
2) Pull back the rubber boot
3) Squeeze the clips together and they should almost fall away from the globe
4) Remove the globe.

Be careful not to insert any of the following:

a) Fat Boy globes. Nice and bright, and the light that burns twice as bright ... you know the drill.
b) HID globes. Only people who don't care about other road users do stupid things like this. HID is fine behind a lens, but stock headlights don't have lenses.
c) LED replacements. They are little better than candles at 20m. The technology's improving, no doubt about that, but it's not ready.

Thanks Old.Tony, been squeezing the crap outta the clip like you said. These clips are very different to what I'm used to,in theory what you are saying is correct but not these clips. They have what appears to be a retaining bar of sorts that goes across the squeeze bit and is attached via a T screw to the light itself, so i push the clip down to try and get under the bar,no glory there either. Any other suggestions would be welcome.

I had to change a bulb in my D40 today.

The clips need to be pushed towards the lens and then spread apart. It's easier to do this one end at a time. I found the bottom one came off easy but the top one was a bit more stubbon.
Once they are unhooked from the retaining lip they then pivot towards the outside of the vehicle.

Latest posts

Back