Hello.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark s

Reaction score
Just to introduce myself. I have a 2012 V6, which at the moment is being an absolute pain in the butt, which is annoying because I've had it over five years and love it.

Welcome to pain in the arse nav country... What's it doing?
Not a lot, sat on the drive, bust. Last night went to reverse off the drive, felt really rough and juddery then cut out. Tried to start it but not firing and dash looked like Blackpool illuminations. Coming up with code P0089.

Try unplugging, cleaning, and re-plugging the electrical connections on the fuel pump. I saw someone solve P0089 doing exactly this, took all of 30 seconds to fix.

P0089 is fuel pump
hopefully it's just not getting the fuel and throwing that code
whats the fuel level?
the dash lights are my first thought - wanna post a picture? is it possible your battery is running real low? or bad and dirty earth points? if your convinced the battery is okay i would pump the manual fuel ball under the fuel filter heaps ( until firm - start cranking- keep pumping) while cranking

sorry, i started typing this a fair while ago and was sidetracked

Try unplugging, cleaning, and re-plugging the electrical connections on the fuel pump. I saw someone solve P0089 doing exactly this, took all of 30 seconds to fix.
Sorry to sound stupid, but I am, how do I get to the fuel pump, not sure where it is located.

The fuel pump on the V9X is located at the front of the engine on the vehicle's left hand side (so, as you stand at the front of the car and lean into the engine bay, it's towards YOUR right). Behind a protective plate (held on by 5 bolts), it will have a single high pressure fuel line coming out of it and heading up into the 'V' with an electrical connection behind it.

Sorry to sound stupid, but I am, how do I get to the fuel pump, not sure where it is located.
We all are (more or less) so don't worry about it. Has any work or servicing been done on it recently?

If you still have the problem after old Tony's suggestion, from what I can gather the manual lists possible causes (apart from the obvious possibility of a faulty fuel pump) for the code as.... fuel pressure too high, air mixed with fuel, lack of fuel, faulty fuel rail pressure sensor.

Back