Hello

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all
Hoping someone can help ive just brought a D40 with a blown v9x and looking at conversion, thinking of a v6 commodore motor, can this be done or is there a motor that can be put in.

Thank you

Vk56 Nissan V8 is the way to go mate. Look at Driven Desires from the states on FB. You can get everything you need to bolt straight to the RE7 transmission and including a new harness. I'm just looking at doing it now.

Vk56 Nissan V8 is the way to go mate. Look at Driven Desires from the states on FB. You can get everything you need to bolt straight to the RE7 transmission and including a new harness. I'm just looking at doing it now.
Would you know a ball park figure?

Looking into that also. Couple of issues. If the crank.is damaged its a throw away. Some new cranks have just been made available but in.limited supply. Then if the bore is damaged pistons are available up to 20 thou over but no bigger so if the block needs to be bored, it's max of 20 thou or its useless as well. So there are two big problems to get around to do a rebuild.

Has anyone used challenger atuo parts in Sydney to rebuild there engine i have been in contact with him and he wants $14500 for full rebuild ofter reviews please
Thank you

The price is probably not as outrageous as it might seem. These are not a simple engine at all. Just make sure the engine builder has so.e experience with the V9X. Most don't touch them.

Back