Help advice needed tonight!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chopz

Reaction score
Guys I just picked up 05 D22 from a very reputable 4x4 shop in Perth after getting a 2 inch lift fitted with HD torsion bars and I am still in shock.

The torsion bars have been wound up way to much to the point where the top bump stop is touching, no minimal 10mm gap or nothing! It's has a horrible shudder around the 30k/hr mark then it's fine, I'm putting that down to the bump stops at this stage.

I can't afford to have this car off the road for another day as I need it for my business. Can anyone please tell me with a step by step guide how to un wind the torsions a fraction to gain the minimal 10mm clearance.

By the time I got home and called the place they had shut up shop for the day. They didn't even tighten up the second locking nut! It's sitting about an inch and a half above the first nut FFS!

jack it up one side at a time on the chassis so the wheel is dropped. Use axle stand!

loosen lock nut (2 x 19mm spanners)

Then while holding the top nut to stop spinning, turn the bolt on the bottom of the clamp thingo counterclockwise to lower (use a socket and flex bar). Remember to count how many turns you do so you can do the same other side. drop wheel and to see how it sits (it will drop a little more once you take it for a quick drive down to the corner and back to settle). then tighten the lock nut when you have the correct height.

Thats pretty much it, you want to to have as you said 10mm gap from top bumpstop minimum. Also you want the clamp thingo tucked up nicely into the crossmemeber, pretty much horizontal. And if you find that its not sitting up nicely at the 10mm gap you will need to reindex the TB to make this happen.

think thats pretty much it

** check under there to see if they put the circlip back ON...you'll see it at the back of rear of the TB before the clamp arm thingo. It prevents the TB sliding out backwards.

Last edited:
If you ring zordo(john) he will run you through it. Use search section and maybe search for it. If the top nut us already undone you should just be about to undo the head of the bolt and it should lower. Don't take my word though. That sounds really bad about the suspension place. Make sure you get a wheel alignment done

Guys I just picked up 05 D22 from a very reputable 4x4 shop in Perth after getting a 2 inch lift fitted with HD torsion bars and I am still in shock.

The torsion bars have been wound up way to much to the point where the top bump stop is touching, no minimal 10mm gap or nothing! It's has a horrible shudder around the 30k/hr mark then it's fine, I'm putting that down to the bump stops at this stage.

I can't afford to have this car off the road for another day as I need it for my business. Can anyone please tell me with a step by step guide how to un wind the torsions a fraction to gain the minimal 10mm clearance.

By the time I got home and called the place they had shut up shop for the day. They didn't even tighten up the second locking nut! It's sitting about an inch and a half above the first nut FFS!

Easy fix with 2x 19mm spanners. One turn is equal to about 3mm in ride height. But before you go adjusting 'em, they will settle a bit. Maybe drive round for a week, then adjust to suit your required height.

I'm not really suprised about the quality of workmanship, hence I do most of it myself now.

Hi mate,
Seeing you are lowering the car. Just get under with a ring spanner & unwind the adjusting bolt, you may need to hold the lower of the lock nuts.
When you have your 10mm gap tighten the lock nut
Cheers

So I've got roughly a 5mm gap now, but how long are you supposed to give it to allow it to settle? I thought you had to get an alignment done almost straight after a lift goes in.

Still got the weird vibration from about 30-40ks p/hour. Seems to start at the front and work it's way through the car.

It's been nothing but Fu**ing dramas since I bought this car.

the vibration might be your tailshaft, try putting some weight in the back to lower it back down and see if its still there

Latest posts

Back