Help! Bolt stuck between main pulley..

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbid-chop

Reaction score
and idler arm.

After spending a week installing a new turbo, it was time to start it up and idle up to temp.
Sounded great except for a funny squeak which at first thought was just steel tray or something till i noticed some sparks from down in the belt arrangemet.

Long story short, its what looks like a 20mm m8 jammed in between the main crank and the idler arm thingo.

Ive tried jimmying it with a coat hanger hook its stuck fast. Anyone got any ideas how to get it out?

Im going to go try welding some tent pegs together so i can bash it up with a hammer. After that Ive got nothing.

Was the motor still running while the bolt was stuck there? Sounds exciting lol. Got any pics of it?

Yes the motor was running, it was grinding against the pulley body. No real harm done. Cant get a pic because its in a C*NT of a spot. At least i didnt drop a bolt down the exhaust port or something.

Last edited:
Well i got it out with my super triple tent peg slide hammer. But it didnt hit the groun an i cant find it. I hope this amuses everyone.

It will probably fall out on the way to work next week and smash someones windscreen...

Dont stop if anyone starts high beaming you. LOL

Lol, funny you should say that. That happened last night in my other car, high beams flashing up my arse and all that, i got her to pull over to ask her what was wrong all she could say was "nah you're f*cked c*nt, nah your f*cked over and over, while aiming her stupid phone at me." Eventually took off and same shit all over again.
She couldnt tell me what i did , maybe i flicked a rock at her...

Oh well started it up and went for a good fang around the block - goes good, nothing exploded. :)

Yeah, it was pretty weird. Maybe it was some kind of trippy omen. Some poor bastard probably has my m8 bolt stuck in the middle of their windscreen right now.

i had the same problem with the stud the bolts on the turbo when i went to clean it. the stud dropped inside the lower wishbone. made a horrible noise until i find out where it was and when i did i couldnt get it ouy. sucked

Yeah, I was a bit worried there.

Btw i meant belt tensioner, not idler arm. It really got dragged in and was happily grinding away at my crank pulley untill i spotted it. Lucky it was making a few sparks or i wouldnt have seen it.

How's your yd25 after the runaway incident?

its ok i turns out it didnt rev that high with brake cleaner as i thought, more like 4k revs max. did compression test on all 4 cylinders and got spot on compression 450 in all of them( one was 448 one was 449) etc but its ok now.i never thought that a small spray of brake cleaner inside the turbo would cause all the that(apparently oil inside there was sucked in the intake), panicked the shit out of me when i removed the key and it kept running. got lucky but for now i wont even bother with DYI..... at least it still runs great done like 2,000 kms since then and its like it never happened.

Latest posts

Back