Help! Engine dieing and computer tripping in 4th gear high revs.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KB.

Reaction score
Hey guys kb here,
Just currently doing a simpson desert trip. Crossed the French line, watched the footy final at birdsville and now sitting around port agustar with some engine issues.

The computer is tripping and showing the engine light. It happens when I rev in 4th gear around 3000-3500 rpm and the car dies off and computer triggers. Now it is showing when the car is just running normally with low revs. I have cleaned the air filter, seems to be fine as it is recently brand new.

My car make is 06 D22 str zd30. Any suggestions to fix for the way home? I still have another 1500-1000km to get home. I do have spare air filters and fuel filters handy.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers kb

if you have a bit of wire to jump the terminals then you can read the codes.
can't remember what post the details are in.

at a guess fuel filter. probably blocked up.

if engine light is on then ecu has stored a fault code. reading the code will tell you what fault tripped it and guide you to the faulty part.

need a bit of wire to jump the terminals at the obd port and then read how many short and long flashes the engine light gives.

full details are around somewhere.

found it

Attachments

• check ecm d22.jpg
    check ecm d22.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 133

Latest posts

Back