Help engine just stopped!!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheers mate.yea i did,thing is it can all look great but can be a little dry from sitting for so long therefor when she starts up it leaks.hopefully it will soften up with the stop leak.
in all fairness i told them to leave it if its in good condition as it got replaced with the clutch only a few months back (dont want to throw away a perfectly good $100 seal).i just thought theyd be able to tell if it would leak or not when they had it apart.hopefully the fact they couldnt means it will be fixed by the stop leak.

Hey guys. im glad i found this here on this forum, i recently bought a 03 Dual cab STR with a ****ed motor on the real cheap. The turbo is brand new because that went in it a few months ago. Anyways apparently the vehicle just stopped one day. The same as described here in this post.. but has been compression tested and there is zero compression in each cylinder.. and now the timing chain is all in tact and looks fine but i havent tryed turing it over with a spanner yet to make sure all the cam shafts are turning (rocker cover is off at the moment) and then i will be able to feel the pistons contact valves if they have bent them or contacted them at all. (very high chance considering no compression) Bascily if the valves are bent then ill just replace the valves. I also would like to know depending on the size of the dent in the pistons if they apsoluitly need replacing.. obviously a crack will need attention. i have seen pistons before that have been contacted and the valves basicly just pushed a bit of metal out of the way and not acctually damaged the pistons themselfs. Has anyone else had the same symptoms and found out whats acctually wrong?

Cheers guys.

Back