Help engine just stopped!!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig09

Reaction score
I was driveing at about 60km and the engine just cut out and ute rolled to a stop??it will turn over but won't start???im stuck outside of Townsville and really need to know if I can get her working again.
Cheers

This will definitely sound like a stupid question, especially since you're in need for urgent responses, but, obviously does it have fuel ?

check you have fuel, check you have fuel coming out of injection pump.
check engine fuses
check air intake.

Got fuel,checking lines now but the primer stiffens up so wouldn't that mean the fuel lines are good?were are the engine fuses and injection Pump?
Cheers craig

Checked the fuses there all good (the ones near the battery).trying to find the injector pump.i was thinking along the lines of electrical as it just cut out,didn't hesitate or choke or anything.cheers for the help btw

mmmmmmm not sure but i will give the thread a Bump.
Hope someone can give you an answer mate.

Jeeze mate, Do you have any engine warning lights?
Do you have any modifications such as a chip?

have you tried the boost sensor (MAP)
Did the car run funny, miss, shake before it happened?
or was it just an instant thing?

Can you drain the filter just to make sure you haven't got water in the system, at least you will be able to rule that out.

Just read again, so it just cut out. ...

Yer definitely sound electrical. Have you got a wire tester? try and find if Certain sensor are getting power that could rule out sensors. Try connecting and disconnecting fuses, remove battery and try and reset ECU...

im running out of ideas

Can't drain the filter,can't undo it.dont have a tester or anything to test the sensors,is there another way I can tell if it's sensors,yea its got a chip.yea it just cut out without warning.how do you reset ECU??cheers

At the bottom of the filter there should be a wing nut style drain plug that is next to the wires coming out of the bottom, you should be able to undo by hand, if not do you still have the pliers in the tool kit behind the back seat?? give those a go if you do.

I'd check the inside fuse panel as well, just in case.

If you were driving and it cut out then I'd suspect something that meters the fuel - injectors - and since the chance of them failing all at the same time is very small, I'd look at what controls those injectors: the ECU.

Do a reset. That's easy: take the negative lead OFF the battery, put your foot on the brake pedal, then go and put the lead back on (securely). Try starting again, make sure the glows get a chance to warm up first.

Ok so I'm on my way back to mine to get my tools then going back to hopefully fix it.will reset the ECU and see if that does it.if the injector pump failed could it just cut out like that??im guessing to check for water in the diesel,they separate or something??also just relized I forgot to put those wires back into the fuel filter (oops) when I moved it,but that was a good 2000ks ago.
Cheers

those wires tell the ecu if water is present, if it does tell the ecu it will go into limp mode so as not to hurt the engine and will also throw a code to tell you why its in limp mode.
without it you could have shitloads of water and not know until it just stops.

Hmmmm,Should put that back in then.but I don't think that it would have water in it as I've done no crossings or even been wet for a good 1000ks

You dont generally get water in fuel from water crossing's, you get it from your helpful servo!! they have water in the bottom of there tanks as a silt trap, so if it low or a tanker has just been before you fill up you can and people do all the time get water in the fuel, its a big problem and its why im so fussy about when and where i fill up. it can cost thousands to fix.

Im not saying you have water in the system but it would be something i would check thats for sure.

Gotchya,how do you tell if there is water in the diesel?its done about 370ks since I filled up,don't know if that changes anything.

Latest posts

Back