Help - need info

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill flyer

Reaction score
This is my first post, hi to all. I am in the process of purchasing my first Navara and my options are limited, after a vehicles 2008 to 2010 (I think) and have been looking at both ST 4x4 against STX 4x4 similar price. Rang Nissan, they could not really come up with any real difference between ST/STX. Need the car to tow old Jayco know they can pull up to 3000kgs but do they do this like my old Landrover (very slowly) or do they have plenty of power. Which is the better of the two models. I can see there is a power difference ST = 126kw and STX = 140kws what does this mean in terms of performance? ST made in Thailand? STX made in Spain? Is this correct and does it matter? Any help and advice you can give would be appreciated.

For a tow vehicle a bit of peice of mind, I'd get either, with modified exh, intercooler upgrade and the egr mod, if power is what you want add a chip and you will love it( some suspension would help a lot also), standard yes just like it

Welcome to the forum.

The ST from 2010-2012 was a Thai build (the VIN starts with 'MNT') and had the 126kW engine (like the STX from 2007-2009). The 2010-2012 STX has the 140kW engine. The late-2012 to 2013 ST is Spanish (VIN starts with 'VSK') and has the 140kW engine, the STX for this period is the "base" model of the 3.0 V6 diesel (170kW/550Nm).

Mine is a 2009 STX, 126kW engine - and for me it has enough power. Our van weighs around 1.8T and rather than flog it to meet a deadline, we just accept that we'll get to where we're going when we get there!

In case it's valuable though, the picture in my signature was taken within 48 hours of us doing over 125km/h (with the van on, of course). It held the speed without trouble up the Stuart Highway (the photo was taken on on the Ernest Giles Road in central Australia).

I also suggest the auto. The D40 weighs at least 2T - kitted out, mine is 2500Kg empty so when we're towing we're reaching the 5T mark. The manuals from 2007-early 2012 had dual mass flywheels - thin plates that didn't dissipate clutch heat very well, causing the clutches to burn and pressure plate springs to distemper under sustained loads (particularly reported by boat owners). If you're considering a manual, be sure it's had its flywheel replaced with a "single mass" flywheel.

I have a 2011 rx 6 speed manual which is a 126kw model when towing a 1.3tonne boat u dont even feel it behind u on the flat, drop a gear on hills and u are still cruising the only downfall is it is an absolute shitbox when trying to hillstart with or without a load if i buy another d40 it will defiantly be an auto

Latest posts

Back