help needed with zd30 engine

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonessy

Reaction score
hey ive got a 2005 navara d22 3.0litre turbo diesel has done 110000 ks.i took my car into Nissan for the front crank seal to be changed. i got a phone call from them saying they cant tighten the crank nut and when they do it locks the engine up, so the crank pulley is floating around. they told me it needed to be stripped to find out whats wrong. i just want some info and what u guys think it could be as it could be very costly cheers guys and happy new year in (few days)

sounds odd. can you get a better description?

i can't see how doing the nut up would lock an engine up. either they have stripped the thread or the dampener in the pulley has come apart.

just picked it up gonna take it else where for another opinion. but they said when they put the nut on the crankshaft they can pull the shaft in and out? so im bit stuck now with what to do next

they also tried a new pulley and did same with tht so locked the engine up sounds odd to me too how can one nut lock up and engine

so what they are saying is your crankshaft is broken....

so how did you drive it in and how did you drive out????

i towed it home coz the pulley was just moving in and out but somehow it stayed on if i knew the crank shaft nut was missing id towed it in but i was unaware of the nut missing

crank thrust bearings ? maybe someone forgot to put them in when motor was built? or thayve missed a washer from behind pulley and the pulleys to tight against timing cover to move?

Last edited:
ye thts what the dealer said could be a bearing i dunno. gonna have ago at taking motor out my self try save some money anyone done this? and whats best/easiest way to pull it out any tips and advice would be really great cheers

cheers man. can anyone tell me the torque settings for the front crank pulley

well Nissan are a bunch and lieing ***** i stripped it all done redone the seal torqued it all up to the right settings and motor doesn't lock up and runs perfect they even put the fan blade the wrong way around.... never taking my car to Nissan again took me and my mate just over an hr thanks for ur help anyway guys

I'd take it in, and go straight to the head mechanic or manager and straight up tell them exactly what happened.

No use employing dipsh*ts!

it had me puzled how it was running if there was that much play in the crank,nissan stealers in uk just as bad tried to convince one of the www.nissan-navara.net guys he needed 2+k work doing after they had it in to do wheel recall,hed just had it mot few weeks earlier and the mot people went through nissans suposed faults with him on the ramp all b/s

i went into the dealer today i asked to speak to the manger of the dealer and told him exactly what happened. said if someone like me can fix my car. and ur mechanics cant fix it then u need to sort out the people that work for you. the service manger was not there to get to the bottom of all this he is back on Monday so ill be down there then asking for my money back. cant trust mechanics think im gonna do my own repairs from now on

Isn't it just unbelievable. It seems at all most dealerships their are too many apprentices on who just don't know one end of a spanner from the other. ( Or was it a slack "professional?). Its just not good enough, thats why I go to a trusted mechanic, not leaving my Nav with the dealership monkeys.

Sorry to all the dealership monkeys, I know apprentices have got to learn somewhere, but when it involves stupid mistakes with the publics cars, its not acceptable.

Sorry to all the dealership monkeys, I know apprentices have got to learn somewhere, but when it involves stupid mistakes...

Having been an apprentice (fitter) I know full well that mistakes will happen. But its the role of the supervising tradie to inspect the apprentices work to ensure it is correct - many places now have a high tradie to apprentice ratio as well as tight deadlines (I saw one stealership offering 45min or its free services - what can they find or do in 45min?) - hence mistakes go out the door as f&*kups!

Latest posts

Back