[help needed ] zd30 head oil return

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baylock

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is pretty urgent so please forgive my bluntness.
We have just changed the head on my zd30, and I have been left to do some of the grunt work while my brother (qualified diesel mechanic) goes to work.
Knowing it would be a prick, I started with the oil return on the back of the head..... About 2 hours ago. It is sitting close to the studs, but I gust can't seem to get it on them. Is there a trick or some thing? Thank you in advance

From memory, the only way is to double nut the studs and wind them out.

Maybe. I remember having great difficulty with it. If you can tilt the engine forward a bit it may help but I had the gearbox out which allowed this. You may not be in the same situation.

Can you leave it connected and disconnect from the other end?

Ah sorry. You are putting it back in, not taking it out. In that case I'm not sure. I had it fitted to the rebuild engine already on re-installation.

Turns out the coolant line for the egr control had fallen down behind the return line, pulled that out and the job went smoother. Currently trying to reinstall egr and blocks, bit of a bitch, just like last time

Latest posts

Back