HELP - new canopy advice for D40 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filth7948

Reaction score
hey guys

Currently hunting around for new canopy for my 2009 stx navara. I'm chasing preferably one side with slides windows (to keep the dog happy) and other open out window (side where my fridge will sit).

i am currently leaning towards carry boy brand canopy.

i would love to hear feedback from any members on their own canopy experiences, price, dust issues, weatherproof, ease of installation on and off, etc...

cheers! :rock:

I've got a pretty standard setup. ARB high roof canopy, sliding windows both sides (for dogs), with the heavy flyscreen (keeps people away from dogs), roof vent (forcing air in back - for dogs), and folding front window (for ease of cleaning, and excellent visibility - no mechanisms in the way). It's never leaked a drop, and price was spot-on (mates rates).

Works well.

Is it better than any other brand out there? Probably not, no.

Is it measurably WORSE than any other brand out there? Probably not, no.

But honestly, the biggest deciding factor with canopies is personal taste. Styling is the most decisive factor in any choice.

I have one by Flexiglass with the high top with sliding windows and flyscreen - have no issues with sealing or dust etc.

My dog is a princess and sits on the back seat so I can't comment on your dogs comfort and me I would prefer the lift up windows so I have access to stuff in the back but it is no biggie.

Karl

I seen a mad tjm one today on a d40, pretty much a copy of my smooth arb one. looked good from a distance so wouldn't hurt to check em out

I've got an Alpha gse with lift up window passenger side and sliding drivers side,really happy with it, looks a bit like the carry boy . Haven't noticed if it's leaked yet and most of the dust that you'll get in is from the tail gate and drain holes in the tub.

Cheers Gav

cheers for the help guys

i have gone with the Alpha brand canopy.

navara_d40_dc.html

I'm waiting on a razorback canopy they come option with central locking let U know in a couple of weeks has all the things U want

Have you checked out the softopper range? Got one arriving next week. Cheaper than fibreglass and have the option of removing it or folding it down and out of the way.

Latest posts

Back