Help please 2" lift, is this right?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAV2795

Reaction score
Hi fellas,
Desperatly seeking some help on this lift i installed. Brought a HD 2" lift the other day and put it in myself. All went good until i lowered the car and saw how it looked (see pics you'll understand why!). Not sure if i was given the wrong rear spring but holy *** its high! Measurments are from centre of wheel to wheel arch : Front(550mm) Rear:(630mm) Thats 89mm higher than standard :\ Can someone please tell me what their rear height is with a 2" lift cheers. 1371802_10151866191318826_59140872_n.jpg

Attachments

• 702100_10151866191328826_899148540_n.jpg
    702100_10151866191328826_899148540_n.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 280
Hey fella it might help a bit if you advise the manufacturer of the kit surely your cv angles are way out and yes it is not right.

cv angles are fine my front from centre of rim to guard is 555mm and the cv angles are perfect as they are just a mirror image of how they were standard.

The trouble is the rear and that is due to it being HEAVY DUTY and empty.
HD doesnt mean its stronger it just means it can carry a CONSTANT HEAVY load without sagging.

So if you are not going to have 400KG + in it permanently you have chosen the wrong springs and will ned to change them, or put up with it looking all jacked up and the shit ride bouncing all over the place.

Oh and are you sure the rear measurement isnt 730mm??

Mine came up over 70mm in the rear when i had mine done. But 89mm? Yeah something isnt right there. Unless you get some front spacers, new UCA's and some other goodies for up front to bring the front right up properley and level it out.

Hi all
I thought hd would be the same hight as normal lift but just stiffer? Also just checked my brake lines, jacked the car with two pumps of the jack and brake lines went tight as anything without the wheels off the ground so definetly something is wrong

Hi all
I thought hd would be the same hight as normal lift but just stiffer? Also just checked my brake lines, jacked the car with two pumps of the jack and brake lines went tight as anything without the wheels off the ground so definetly something is wrong

Nothing is wrong, You just need to load 400+kg in the back.
Those springs wont start at the same height as a normal 2" lift, if they did and you put the load on them they are designed to carry and didnt move you would basically have a SOLID suspension and the ute would handle like a rigid tail Harley!! (farken horrible)

Allot of people mak ethe mistake of going HD suspension when they dont need to.
As i said HD really means CONSTANT LOAD so if you are not going to carry a CONSTANT LOAD you have the WRONG springs.

In short and basic, if you put 400+kg on performance / normal leaf springs that come standard in a 2" lift kit, the weight will push the tray down and the rear will be sitting lower than the front.

Constant load springs elimate that happening as they sit stiffer and a tad higher and make your ride terrible unless, as said, you have 400kg in the tray.

Solution: locate some performance 2" lift leafs and put them in. Then bobs ya aunty.

If they've only been installed a couple of days, contact the store you bought them from and see if you can swap them for either medium or performance spring (depending on what brand they are).
A lot of people get caught out with the spring rate when ordering kits online especially.
Most brands have performance, medium and heavy duty springs. You just need to ask them what the actual rate in kg is.

Thanks for the replys, the springs definetly need to be changed, no questions asked. So basically if you had these springs with a constant 400kg load they're fine but as soon as you take that load off it becomes undriveable?

Thanks for the replys, the springs definetly need to be changed, no questions asked. So basically if you had these springs with a constant 400kg load they're fine but as soon as you take that load off it becomes undriveable?

Yep thats pretty much it, they really are for utes that already have a stack of weight in the back like a Plumbers ute for eg, if you were to do a leaf swap on a ute with all those tools and equipment already sitting in the tray and dropped it down after installing those springs it would sit perfectly, BUT empty and you get what you have now.
I would be swapping them over with the supplier, if you havnt really done any sort of driving on them they really shouldnt have a problem..

I'd be a bit worried about those brake lines on the rear.if you jack it up again...say off the ground would your rear lines snap?if soo u might not want to drive it...also if you can't swap/return them (bort online) you could always remove the extra leaf/leafs

The verdict: Drove the car in the garage before and ripped the bast**s out!! It was undrivable so either way they had to get removed. Amazing how much quicker it takes once you've done it once! Will call the mob tomorrow and hopefully get them swapped, cant see it being a problem as my uncles mates with the guy. And camo.b yes thats correct if i were to jack it off the ground they would snap :\

You will definitely have it down pat on the next go round, you will have the springs changed in under hr pit crew style!! lol

You could remove a leaf and if circumstances change. Need to carry more weight reinstate the leaf.

If you need to take out a leaf contact the manufacturer, if they good they can tell you exactly which leaf to remove. If they won't tell you, speak t I Zordo on here he should be able to help.

All done and dusted boys, still sits a little higher at the back, but definetly a different look. Guy said the leafs will also sag a little, but yeh looking good cheers for the replys

All done and dusted boys, still sits a little higher at the back, but definetly a different look. Guy said the leafs will also sag a little, but yeh looking good cheers for the replys

Glad to hear its sorted, it is pretty common for a lifted 40 to sit higher in the back but after it settles and you have a little weight in it they sit pretty even.
How is the ride now?

I'd still watch your brake line on full flex, if they were tight before and you're still running the same shocks, when the rear flexes they'll be tight again as the shock length is still the same. might be OK when jacking it up as the springs aren't flexing

Latest posts

Back