Help wanted:)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy2000

Reaction score
Hi all Navara owners.
I have a problem that i hope u guys (and girls) can help me with.
I got my d40 05 navara (frontier) yesterday, and the car is imported from germany, so no automatic headlight. Is there a simple way to get this done?
I know some cars can be programmed for this, some cars must the relays be changed. If there's a whole lot of shitwork to get this done, i consider to mount som DRL's instead.. I has searched the net, but i canot find a understandable guide for this. Is there a simple way, or is DRL's bether to wire up?

QII:
I changed the original radio, and must haw blown a fuse,because the RED wire has no power with the ignition is on. Have checked the fusebox in glove comp., and the ER, but all fuses (audio, radio) is fine.. I cannot fint something else so is power free. I consider to make a new wire from ignition, but there must be a fuse so is blown.. Is there only the fusebox in glovecomp, and 3 in engine room? One big, and 2 small?

Sorry for my bad english, but im from no(r)way:)

Hope u can help me:)

Welcome to the forum!

Headlights would be controlled by the Body Control Module. There may be a light sensor needed on the top of the dash (I'd guess that's the best place to put it). You could probably use the BCM from any model from 2005 to 2009 that has this feature. The problem is the key - the BCM is also responsible for your car key, so you would have to register your current key in the new BCM.

How are you measuring the lack of power in the red wire - is it against the chassis of the radio? That is likely to be the problem then. The earth for the radio is a fragile thing and can also affect your instrument cluster. Add a new separate earth to the casing of your radio and that could fix it. There is a bolt not far under the dash near the steering wheel that mounts to a metal body bracket - I have used that for a couple of things now, it is a good earth point.

G'day and welcome to the forum.
There are more fuses. Look for the headlight relays, you should hear them 'click' as you turn the lights from Hi to Low and back. You might need somebody to turn the lights on and off while you hunt for them.

You could set up the headlights to turn off when the ignition is turned off (like the radio).

Hi and thanx for help:)

I got the red wire. It was only bad connection in the adapter;) all good now.

To the headlights;
Yes, i know i can made a new wire to make aut headlight, but i hoped there was a easy way..

Back