Help!! Wheels not locating on hubs.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aron1991

Reaction score
Hey all, today my car went into nissan for it's 10k service they stated to me that my car is unroadworthy because of my black sunnys rim, they say the centre is too big and dosent locate on the hubs, so all the weight is taken by the wheel studs. i went outside and he pointed it out exactly and he is correct, anyone had this problem before? i'd like some feedback thanks aron. :cheers!:

I had the same issue with a set of wheels for my van. The company I bought the wheel of however supplied them with an alloy (I think) ring that sits inside the wheel so there is no gap between the hubs and edge of the wheel.

I hope that makes sense....

Try your local wheel place they might be able to sourc some for you??

Cheers

Sorry for thread hijacking (sort of), but is this exactly the reason why some rims can't fit the D22's? For example the D40 stock rims? Due to the bigger centre hub hole?

i have a set of alloy rims and a set of black steel rims and both of these have the same size hole which is a tad larger than the hub (leaving this gap.

I have and im sure many others on here, have been driving around for many many kms without a drama.

also on my ss commodore i had previously to the navara the same issue was there but no problems eventuated from this.

most of the force is taken by the friction of the 2 surfaces being so tightly clamped by the nuts, so the wieght of the car is not on the studs but transferred to the rim but surface friction.

I agree with Bryce totally, you don't NEED to get the ring spacers, but if you want to. They're available...

Thanks for the feedback guys :) if it wont do any harm in the long run i will leave it how it is, otherwise id like to fix it or get around the problem.

they say the centre is too big and dosent locate on the hubs, so all the weight is taken by the wheel studs.

most of the force is taken by the friction of the 2 surfaces being so tightly clamped by the nuts, so the wieght of the car is not on the studs but transferred to the rim but surface friction.

the centre hole is just to get the wheel centre so the axle is not out of balance. the centre does NOT take ANY weight as it doesn't actually touch.
some rims come with crappy plastic centre insert.

my understanding is the friction surface takes ALL of the load. the wheel studs simply provide clamping force.

ill backup all of what has been said about the centre ring only being thre to locate the wheel over the studs properly. the angle that has been cut into the rim i think it is abut 60degrees allows the nuts to centre the rim around the studs etc. i had the same issue and was worried nuts about it so i even went and got a engineers prespective and he said he could make up a alloy plate which sat in front of the rim and did whatever it did but founbd oout direct from kings that they are not needed.

also something that hasnt been stated is the reason the ring is big is becuase they are universal for all 6stud vehicles with the 139.7 stud pattern. thats everything from patrols to hilux to a ford courier etc. the only difference is the offset.

Rusty

Thanks for the feedback guys appreciate it, rustynav all your answers on my threads have been 100% correct in the longrun outcome haha.

Thanks for the feedback guys appreciate it, rustynav all your answers on my threads have been 100% correct in the longrun outcome haha.

ahaha thats funny. maybe it cause we have pretty much identical cars apart from a few minor details lol.

hows your nav going? any big mods lately? any upcoming stuff?

im hoping for sliders soon but wanting to bodylift 1" first. im getting mates rates on cut polyethylene blocks cut and drilled ready to go. just gotta source bolts etc.

Rusty

Latest posts

Back