help with exhaust + intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomski

Reaction score
hi
i need help with exhaust on a D22 STR 2011 manual not going to replace my exhaust at this stage (on pension) so what can i do safely ?
remove the catalyst converter ?
different muffler?
whats the story about the dump pipe ?

i am also going to fit a fan to the top intercooler because
i was helping a mate getting steel pipes for his front intercooler on his D40
i looked into trying to make mine cooler.when it needs more air how is going to get it when you are in 4wd low range working hard nissan never thought about that ?
bingo i am fitting a 6" fan.
so what info i need how hot is the normal temp in the intercooler ?
so i can set my temp controller

Thanks Tom:blasign:

Interested hearing about how you go with the intercooler. Exhaust can be done cheaply if you want, get a local exhaust place to just cut your stock one or make up a new one. Muffler can be changed or removed, dump pipe can be upgraded as it is restrictive, just have to be careful as some dump-pipes don't fit. Catalytic converter is an awkward one, I believe it is illegal to run without one, it's at your own risk.

hi
thanks
yes i just need to find the average temp so i can see the difference going 4wd soon so i can see what difference it making can only be positive.
i dont care about the Catalytic converter same as the egr getting blocked done that at 10k huge difference apparently they cant check diesel emission or something on the spot i was told anyway.we all do some things we should not be doing.
Tom

Have you got a fan to fit to it yet? Without a body lift you may struggle to fit one in there. As for temp, I wouldn't really want the intercooler hotter than probably 50c max, so I'd set your thermostat up to keep it below that.

should be ok got a low profile 6" fan i have the torsion bar screwed up about an inch just need a fan themo switch so ready to fit soon
Tom

Torsion bars won't affect the cab to chassis height. Good luck getting it on there...

Hey Tom, Bod's is correct there is bugger all room and you would have to modify the scoop a fair bit to fit it. I had a go at mine not long after i bought it and it wasn't worth the muck around. A few members such as Rusty have fitted a Craig Davis fan under the cooler to bring it back up to the seal when they have a bodylift fitted, so obviously it's sucking air through rather than blowing it. Apparantly the vibrations destroy the bearings in the fan quickly too.

Latest posts

Back