Help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RASCAL

Reaction score
Hey how are we all .

After the last few weeks I have stared to here a slapping noise coming from my left hand frt wheel , to me it sounds like I have a flat spots on my muddies, when I sit in the passenger side and put my head out the window it looks like the wheel I well what I would call unbalanced , I have noticed that the outer of my wheel is wearing faster than the right , has any one had this noise / problem on there nav , I need to sort it soon as I'm off on the holland track at the end of may and kind of help on this to sort it would be greatly appreciated . I do recall when I did the las wheel alignment at they did say my ... Um caster bolts we're on there way out could this be my case ?

I would start by putting your spare on the side you think is the problem, if the noise goes you have found your problem. If not off to the mechanic you go i suppose.

maybe check your wheel bearings, and also check the drag link/ centre rod pin on the left side for wear!

bryan

Check the bearings. Sounds a similar noise to mine, then mine shattered at 80kph. Bearing ended up being welded on from the heat of the explosion. I required a new spindle hub assembly. My experience cost me around $800 from memory.....so check them!

as i thought , i was on the right track , of the shop she goes lol thanks guys ill let ya know what i sort out :)

im pretty sure the wheel bearings are fine onlt had them done a while back , my draglink has nost its boot but i think at thappens before i added the idlerarm brace , and well if the wheel not sitting right i had better take the mech advice last time it was there getting an aligment , get that caster bolt replaced . he said something bout not been able to tighten it proply so i say that is going to be my real right there

which would cause it to make the slapping / flatspot noises im hearing

draglink/idler arm ....... busted , i know there is the snake racing draglink but is there any thing else out there that is resonable in price

The Snake racing draglink is cheap.

Like a quarter of the price that Nissan want.

Back