Hey everyone

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see the item location is Thailand, it might only fit Thai D40's ...... that's a joke!!!

It looks pretty damn weak to me, I would not purchase it. looks to light, too thin.

Thanks for that it looked pretty week to me aswell,
Is their any other lifts that you guys may reckomend,
I would like around 4 inch but I don't want to pay through the ear,
Plus do you know anyone around the coast who does rock sliders,

It looks like a variations on the Calmini kit, the cross member doesn't look real strong, metal looks very thin only about 3mm. I wouldn't try it. You get what you pay for. If you want that sort of lift go to Calmini in the US. Theirs is a 4-5 " lift though.

Yes I have looked at the calimini 4-5 stuff, there is a couple of things though,
I wouldn't need all that is in the package that they give you.
I firstly got monster rides 3 inch lift, I spoke to Matt he said it was a great product, but never had one fitted to a nav without a bull bar,
And it rode verry harshly that was even with my stock spring,I couldn't Handel it plus I was going up north qeensland with my girlfriend in two weeks and I knew I could Handel it going up there and back, so I went to tjm and got 2.5 inch lift plus shakel, ( that reminds me would anyone know what the stock Hight is for the Spanish d40 so I could compare with mine) in saying that with the tjm front strut they put a spacer in it to give it a little more Hight for myself, but on the left hand side I am getting a clucking noise every now and again from the shock, I am not sure if the manufacturing of the shock is out could be shorter from the other side to why I am only hearing it from the left, sorry having a rant back to what I was saying, at home I have got laying around un used
Snake racing spacers,shackles already on the car front struts although I'm not sure if a am quite happy with them and with the calimini kit I have already got some of the gear I have already wasted slot of money, don't really want to keep throwing money out the door. I need advise!!!!! Does anyone have the calimini kit on there d40 that I may haveva look at in the flesh maybe have a drive possibly someone around sun shine coast. Thanks for the feed backs you guys have been giving me, theirs not really many people who I have spoken to given me much information at all.

Yes I have looked at the calimini 4-5 stuff, there is a couple of things though,
I wouldn't need all that is in the package that they give you.
I firstly got monster rides 3 inch lift, I spoke to Matt he said it was a great product, but never had one fitted to a nav without a bull bar,
And it rode verry harshly that was even with my stock spring,I couldn't Handel it plus I was going up north qeensland with my girlfriend in two weeks and I knew I could Handel it going up there and back, so I went to tjm and got 2.5 inch lift plus shakel, ( that reminds me would anyone know what the stock Hight is for the Spanish d40 so I could compare with mine) in saying that with the tjm front strut they put a spacer in it to give it a little more Hight for myself, but on the left hand side I am getting a clucking noise every now and again from the shock, I am not sure if the manufacturing of the shock is out could be shorter from the other side to why I am only hearing it from the left, sorry having a rant back to what I was saying, at home I have got laying around un used
Snake racing spacers,shackles already on the car front struts although I'm not sure if a am quite happy with them and with the calimini kit I have already got some of the gear I have already wasted slot of money, don't really want to keep throwing money out the door. I need advise!!!!! Does anyone have the calimini kit on there d40 that I may haveva look at in the flesh maybe have a drive possibly someone around sun shine coast. Thanks for the feed backs you guys have been giving me, theirs not really many people who I have spoken to given me much information at all.

Ok, here we go I can explain all of this. Start with the clunking noise check the top of your strut and upper control arm for witness marks that they may have being hitting, this is common when you put a lift over 2.5" on a D40. After market UCA's will fix that no prob. There a heaps out there, PRG, Calmini, a member on here makes some.
The harshness of the ride can be explained by the nature of adjustable struts. The more you wind up the strut to get more height the more you compress the spring increasing it tension. Adjustable struts are great but you really have to get the spring ratting right, I'm getting a set of radflo struts from the states. They actually make a extended adjustable strut to suit the Calmini kit.
I don't have a Calmini kit at the moment but I am ordering one soon. There are a few members who have them. Also I wouldn't use the extended shackles as they are illegal in Australia. You can buy custom lift leafs for the rear to give you the height you need but you need to know you load weight requirements (canopy, draws, battery's, fridges etc)

I thought that it may be hitting there, butbthere is plenty of clearance, and no marking on the top hat. I have leaf and shackle in the back of my ute,
How much is it costing you to bring the gear over from the states,
My farther is going over to la in two weeks thinking of getting him to bring it back for me.
I

Latest posts

Back