Hey guys, I m new here...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Tonka

Reaction score
Just joined recently..

Several months ago bought a 07 D40 STX with 2.5 TD and 6 speed manual at 90,000kms. Now at 103,000kms and doing great.

I look forward to be part of this community and helping one other with issues and all.

Cheers

Thanks.

Funny that you ask, I had the whole clutch and flywheel replaced couple of weeks ago. Before that I did some light towing, a seadoo on trailer about 500kg, and burned out the clutch on a ramp. The vehicle has had new clutch replaced by warranty at 60,000kms by the last owner and it was already a second one when I bought it. It was a weak dual mass flywheel with factory clutch. I replaced it with ALL TERRAIN heavy duty clutch kit with Solid mass flywheel and its much better now and it hope it will last!

Thanks guys,

How far in distance roughly I should expect from the new heavy duty clutch and flywheel?

I knew of the dual mass flywheel issues with D40s before I bought it. I didn't mind it because I plan to get a better kit put in as soon as possible. Couple of weeks ago was the "TIME" to do it coz the factory clutch couldn't cope with what I was doing.

Driven "normally", I've not heard of a SMF requiring replacement. D22s have SMFs and Dave's done 200,000+ on his - I don't think he's changed the clutch.

So the only answer I can give is "probably quite a long time". I'm guessing there's no need to tell YOU what kills 'em quick, but other readers would need to know - it's heat, and you generate heat by riding the clutch and you generate LOTS of heat by riding the clutch with the engine loaded - for example, pulling a heavy boat up a steep ramp.

The SMF will very easily outlast the DMF due to the thickness of the plate that the clutch face meets - the thicker it is, the faster the heat is drawn away from the clutch - and DMFs are very thin.

Latest posts

Back