Hi All ;)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shark

Reaction score
just found this forum looking for a image of an arb rear bar

so much good info thanx
own a 2006 d40 -its the 1st new car iv e bought
arb bull and rear bar 1200lb winch
old man emu shocks
ironman sidestep/bushbar
150 l LRA tank
safari snorkel
aftermarket clutch - towing a 3 t boat stuffed 2 OEM 1s in 4 months
and it wasnt the towing -its the pulling low revs on a boatramp
shes done 115 000- half on dirt- up in the kimberleys and around coral bay/ exmouth and heading from perth to tassie for new year
does anyone know of the 2006 d40 diesel had egr
has anyone extended their diff breathers -any pics please

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums, that's a better post than your first one.

Not sure there is any pics of people's extended breathers but I'm fairly sure it's been spoken about a bit, try searching for diff breathers.

Your also find heaps of info on the EGR mod, I don't take much notice of it so I can;t say for sure if any models had it but the many threads and posts will enlighten you.

Welcome to the forum!

EGR has been in these cars since the 2005 model - it's in my D40 service manual which is for the 2005, my Navara is a 2009 and no longer tries breathing exhaust fumes. You can bet you have it too.

Pop the bonnet and look for a gold-ish tube running across the front of the motor. It will have a larger section in the middle where two hoses come out (these go to the radiator cooling system, to cool the EGR down). You'll see some accordian-like sections in the tube as well (allows for expansion of the tube without breaking anything).

On the driver's side, you'll see the tube meets up with a gizmo - that's the EGR control valve. Don't unplug it, you'll get an engine warning light. Just pop the two bolts out - catch the gasket - and make up a copy of the gasket in stainless steel and accidentally forget the big hole in the middle.

A smear of Permatex Ultra Blue Sensor Safe Gasket Cement on both sides, pop it back in and bolt it up and nobody's going to know any better.

'Cept you and us. Which means the whole bloody world, but not everybody's actually paying attention to us.

Welcome to the forum. Some excellent info on here!!

My diff breathers below for you to look at

They are mounted here...

DiffBreathers.jpg

Here's how I joined the front breather...

FrontBreather.jpg

yes allways use 4L on ramp
there is just no low down power so 1 has to chase the revs up and dropp the clutch type thing
jsut did egr conversion cant wait to get her on the ramp

Back