Hi from central coast (ute/tray conversions)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigzi

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I'm a new member and this is the first forum i've registered for or posted on.
I have a 2006 blue opal d40 and are looking to purchase or build a slide-on for it. Just wondering if anyone has any info on conversions from a ute back to a tray. And how difficult or expensive it is to do. Thanks

Hi Bigzi, welcome to the forum.

can't help you with the tray conversion, I'm still a tub-guy :)

Welcome to the forum!

It must be possible, there are tubs available on e-Bay. I believe it's only a few bolts and some wiring harnesses and the tub's loose. Then it's up to wherever you choose to buy the tray from. A shop-supplied tray should have connectors to hook the lights up properly and you'd be going again in no time.

Then you can either sell the tub or turn it into a camper trailer!

Tray Conversion

Hi Bigzi,
I'm a new member also - first thread, I have a D40 RX that I have done the conversion to tray back. It is a fairly simple process once you find your self some one to build the new tray for you. I organized a Aluminium guy to build the tray and I removed the tub back- got it still sitting in my yard. I'm in the building industry so my truck is used for work during the week, thats the main reason for the tray conversion, loads more space and no hungry wheel archs. I have thought about a canvas canopy to cover the tray during or camping trips away to sleep in or just to store stuff thats kept dry. All good.
Nicwil

Latest posts

Back