Hi from Wickham!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Passage GT

Reaction score
Another Trav from Wickham.
got back today after picking up my d40 from perth.
so it's already 850km overdue for it's 1000km service haha
got a tuscan red st 6 speed
alloy bar, 50mm ome lift, 265/70/r17 BFG AT's including the spare, safari snorkel
rhino spray on tray liner, usual matts, headlight protectors etc etc

how she looked when i walked into the showroom to pick it up! Very happy camper.
imag0193t.jpg

Had to drop in at my missus' work today to show her the new beast.
parked next to the mighty gq!
imag0205z.jpg

i did get an egr block delivered but i got the wrong one, i got a round one but need a diamond shaped one, might just hit up ebay.
my provent catch can arrived the same day i did back in wickham so i'll be chucking that in next days off
future plans are a dual battery setup, some hid spotties, uhf radio and a set of roof racks so i can get the gazebo down the beach for the kids!
fuel economy so far has been around 11.4l/100 which i thought was pretty average for a highway run on cruise control, hopefully this improves as the motor loosens up a bit.
really impressed with the car so far though!
will chuck up some more pics of it soon, i believe a trip to gregory's gorge or python pool is on the card in the coming weeks.

well i took it into the local dealer (45 mins away) for it's first service today, picked it up and it had no power, was like the turbo wasn't boosting properly.

take it back to them and they did the usual 'we don't touch anything for the 1000km service that could cause problems' which is probably right, but the fact remains something was wrong with it when it was fine before.

two different mechanics took it for a spin and then the second one took it to the Nissan part of PMG and put the diagnostic computer on it.
nothing came up so he fiddled around with stuff and there was a bad noise coming from the turbo, when he gave it a good rev you could hear a strange noise from the exhaust too.

it's booked in next wednesday for a full diagnostic before warranty work commences but they're saying they can't give me a loan car, first it was because i didn't buy the car from them, then it was because they don't give loan cars for diagnostic, only if there's a delay in parts.
problem is we live 45 mins away and need two cars... (the commo is broken again and waiting on parts atm...)

soo i called nissan customer service who basically said they can't help me but that i should get onto the PMG dealer principle.
got a name and number, called up and he's out for the day but there's somebody else there that should be able to help me.... except he's currently in a meeting.

so i'm sitting here waiting for a call back.
bloody car has only just done 2000km and i've always let it idle after a big drive etc
not bloody happy i tell you

a very quick update, had dealer principle call me back and said it's not his problem, despite it going in perfect and coming out fucked.
time to call the MTA

had a stroke of luck, turns out it was only the air flow sensor had shit itself, they said they've had a couple do that, picked the car up and i have power again!
car is heaps quieter and smoother also.
also in good news my roof racks arrived yesterday, just waiting on my uhf to come in the mail.
will get those fitted shortly and then work on the spotties and dual batteries

installed the scanguage and the egr block today, got started on making a bracket to mount the provent 200, will be very basic stuff but should work well.
will take some pics on completion tomorrow and post them up

got a few things done to the d40 while i was in perth, set of roof racks fitted by OL in Wangara, great job and awesome price, literally hundreds of dollars cheaper than some other places quoted me.
Also had a mate of mine down at autospark fit my UNIDEN UH7760NB radio and a set of Lightforce 70w hid spotties, very very happy with them both, the lights are insane!

imag0293fh.jpg

imag0249pt.jpg

Latest posts

Back