Hi guys and girls, just signed up and have a question about my D40 stx .

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coachman

Reaction score
My clutch on occasions makes a very loud grinding noise and seems slow to take up . We pull a 4 horse gooseneck and most of the time the clutch works perfectly . any ideas as to the cause of my noise?Also I have a red Engine symbol showing on the dash but engine is running OK.

Welcome to the forums Coachman.

What year is the STX? Earlier models (around 06/07 I think from memory) did have a spate of clutch issues which saw most manual drivers getting theirs replaced, there is a few threads in the D40 section that discuss such options.

As for the red engine light I wouldn't stuff around with it I'd take it straight to a mechanic (or Nissan) and get them to tell you what's going on. Those lights don't often come on for no reason so it's better to be safe than sorry.

Welcome to the forum!

As Krafty said, there have been a lot of issues with clutches. They put these Dual Mass Flywheels in and because the clutch face is thinner, the flywheel doesn't dissipate friction-generated heat as quickly as it should and causes the clutch to overheat, which in turn destroys it and the pressure plate's springs. The entire thing has to be replaced.

That could be what your problem is. Other people have reported an issue with the thrust bearing or lifter - it may be cracked or damaged.

Either way, the bell housing's going to have to be cracked open so it can be inspected.

I have a D40 Stx diesel manual and have done 105000kms and it is on its 4th and hopefully last clutch.

Welcome to the forums dcodmp, maybe try starting your own new members thread and throwing up some photos.

Latest posts

Back