Hi. I have a 2008 Nissan narvara D40 petrol duel cab Spanish made., just wondering I have to get struts and ball joints I heard they are different

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrissy

Reaction score
To a Thai make.would any1 know what I would have to get. I've ask around and they said I have to take out the ball joints so they know what to order in size. Thanks christine

Putting the title and your post together suggests you're going to purchase front struts and ball joints and want to know if Spain and Thai are different.

If that's your inquiry ... the struts are the same for either Thai or Spain but both upper and lower ball joints are different. So make sure you get ball joints for the Spanish built D40.

Hi Scott apparently the ball joints lower and bottom come in 2 different sizes for the Spanish make, Is there an easy way to determine what size my ball joints are without taking them out? Thanks christine

Hi Scott apparently the ball joints lower and bottom come in 2 different sizes for the Spanish make, Is there an easy way to determine what size my ball joints are without taking them out? Thanks christine

I don't know. I have a Thai D40 so I'm not familiar with the ball joints on the Spain other than they're different to mine. Someone on this forum should know.

Thank you

Chrissy, use this online parts interrupter. If you input your VIN it will give the part numbers for your particular vehicle.

parts catalog NISSAN [Australia (right wheel)], original catalog NISSAN [Australia (right wheel)], online catalog NISSAN [Australia (right wheel)], Car catalog NISSAN [Australia (right wheel)]

It seems if you want ball joints from Nissan you have to buy replacement control arms as the BJ's aren't listed as separate parts.

https://nissan.7zap.com/en/ar/navara/d40m/36+705+1001/g/401/

Hi again. We are having problems with the d40. My hubby put oil in about 2 weeks ago, now he had to put in 10 litres just before, he has no idea where the oil is going, there is no oil leaks at all. Can someone help. Thanks christine

Hi again. We are having problems with the d40. My hubby put oil in about 2 weeks ago, now he had to put in 10 litres just before, he has no idea where the oil is going, there is no oil leaks at all. Can someone help. Thanks christine
The oil is not showing on the dipstick as well.

There are a couple of places oil can leak without showing signs of it, and exhaust gas analysis should show it (any reasonable mechanical workshop will have the required analyser). The first is through the PCV, and this will be passed directly into the intake manifold and combusted normally. The second is through the turbine bearing (bottom bearing of the turbocharger). This will leak oil into the exhaust stream directly.

If you've got excessive oil coming out the PCV your engine needs some attention. It could just be sticky piston rings, it could be misaligned rings (when you assemble the engine, you're supposed to offset the gap in the rings to make a longer path for the high pressure gas to go through). It could also be worn cylinder bores (don't hear about this a lot), but a compression test will help identify if this is a problem. You could try adding some piston ring unsiezing additive to the engine oil and see if that does anything. A catch can (fitted to the PCV hose between the PCV on the engine and the air intake in front of the turbocharger) will intercept a fair amount of oil and will be a sure indicator that the loss is in this area.

If it's looking like the turbocharger, inspection is required. Check the shaft for wobble/play (shouldn't be any).

I can't think of any other avenue of oil leak that won't show some sign externally - check the coolant overflow bottle looking for milky substance just in case.

In my experience there is a bucket load of different parts on the Spain and tai built
I have 07 Spain built and parts are hard to find try niss-4x4 in Sydney they sent me a rocker cover overnight and bloody good to deal with
Hope it works out for you
Cheers

There are a couple of places oil can leak without showing signs of it, and exhaust gas analysis should show it (any reasonable mechanical workshop will have the required analyser). The first is through the PCV, and this will be passed directly into the intake manifold and combusted normally. The second is through the turbine bearing (bottom bearing of the turbocharger). This will leak oil into the exhaust stream directly.

If you've got excessive oil coming out the PCV your engine needs some attention. It could just be sticky piston rings, it could be misaligned rings (when you assemble the engine, you're supposed to offset the gap in the rings to make a longer path for the high pressure gas to go through). It could also be worn cylinder bores (don't hear about this a lot), but a compression test will help identify if this is a problem. You could try adding some piston ring unsiezing additive to the engine oil and see if that does anything. A catch can (fitted to the PCV hose between the PCV on the engine and the air intake in front of the turbocharger) will intercept a fair amount of oil and will be a sure indicator that the loss is in this area.

If it's looking like the turbocharger, inspection is required. Check the shaft for wobble/play (shouldn't be any).

I can't think of any other avenue of oil leak that won't show some sign externally - check the coolant overflow bottle looking for milky substance just in case.
Exactly right mines leaking at the moment but seems to be from the sump ( has a ding ) gasket got my mechanic on the job for fitting it on the next 5k service
Owner before me had the oil catch can hooked up so wrong it was doing nothing at all

Back