Hi, New to the forum and navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teebee

Reaction score
G day all i have been noseing around of the forum for a couple weeks now and it has been verry helpfull thankyou,

i recently picked up a STX 550 and loving it, have not found any issues of yet and hope not to, but if any one has had issues with the 550 i would like know so i can keep an eye out

^ what he said only in a more sophisticated manner! (d22 owners you can't trust them!)

Welcome aboard!

The 550's biggest bug-bears so far seem to be:

* Excessive engine heat, particularly deforming the charge air hose (tubing between the turbocharger and the intercooler). This will cause very noticeable turbo lag.

* Automatic gearbox doesn't shift nicely. Not something that I experienced when I drove one, I found it very, very smooth but then I drive like an old man ... mostly coz I are one!

* In manual mode, despite being held in low gear down a steep descent, the gearbox will still shift up a gear.

* Traction Control doesn't fully disengage in off-road situations.

I really enjoyed driving the one we had at the Muster last year. It was very smooth, got up to speed far quicker than expected and didn't make a fuss doing it.

Latest posts

Back