Hi there... another newbie

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archroach

Reaction score
Hi all!

Just thought I'd join the club, learn some more good stuff, and chew the fat with all you other enthusiasts!

I'm just in the process of having my 3.2Lt 2000 model Nav clutch unit adapted to increase clutch pressure up towards 800kg. The Standard Daikin unit just doesn't handle much at all at 500kg... even less once the flywheel has been machined!

Apparenly, Nissan only used this system for a short duration between the 3.2Lt series 1 D22, and the series 2 D22, 3.0Lt Turbo.

Cheers,

Arch

Welcome to the forums, Arch.

The photo of your Navara in the sand climbing a dune (the main photo in your garage) is very good - consider adding it to the slideshow.

G'Day Dave... it wont be a new Clutch, so much as a standard series 2 adaptation!

A long story mate, but I'll try. My Clutch was replaced by Jarret Nissan in Nov 08, but unfortunately the slipping problem has continued. Jarrets blamed the supplier Aus Clutch Manuf & vice versa. In May 09, I had Jarrets rip it out and Aus Clutch at Wingfield check it out. Aus Clutch claimed that the install was poor. Jarrets maintained that there was a problem with the Clutch. In the end, both were right! It turns out that - for a short time - Nissan pretty much installed a unique, but substandard Daikin unit in the D22 during the transition btw Series 1 & 2 Navs. Its only good for about 500kg pressure. Aft mods to improve power & a re-machining of the fly wheel in 09, it was slipping profoundly. There's no alternate off the shelf solution, unfortunately!!!!

Aus Clutch have since identified & fabricated a fix for this BS situation, but their first intention this week is to try re-drill the Fly Wheel to accept the Series 2 ZD30 Clutch assy. I should then get around 800kg pressure... no more slipping on the beach when down at the Coorong, Fishing!

I'll be sure to report the success or failure when I pick it up tomorrow... Fingers crossed!!!!!

Mate yours did have the dual mass flywheel did it ?

I know some QD32's ran them.

Dave.

Yeah... dual mass! BTW Aus Clutch had to go the way of their own fabricated casting in the end. But all's good... really positve bitey feeling now. Shall definitely enjoy the offroading more now!!

Its great to finally have a clamp loading of around the 800kg mark! Before with the standard setup, it was less that 500... I can't wait to get back down to the Coorong on the Beach in that loose stuff & see how it all goes now!

Latest posts

Back