Hi

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Tony, so far we have only gone as far as Licola via Glenmaggie, we are looking for a club to join as the wife and I dont want to do tracks solo. The nav is a 2011 D40 with 31's, 2" lift, ARB deluxe bar, sliders, fridge and tent. Something I want to add is a winch so will be asking the forum for advice. Thanks again and love the forum and the effort you put in. Gav

Thanks Tony, so far we have only gone as far as Licola via Glenmaggie, we are looking for a club to join as the wife and I dont want to do tracks solo. The nav is a 2011 D40 with 31's, 2" lift, ARB deluxe bar, sliders, fridge and tent. Something I want to add is a winch so will be asking the forum for advice. Thanks again and love the forum and the effort you put in. Gav

A club - or at the very least, a group with some people who have some off-road experience - is a great thing. Sometimes, even the milder tracks can have hazards in them - I remember going through Yengo and coming across a fallen tree. We winched the tree out of the way, but not before one of the more experienced drivers just went straight over it!

I don't recommend taking a bow saw for fallen trees, either. Take a small chainsaw if you're doing forest trails. Max Trax are also handy for loose surfaces (we take a long handled shovel too). A hitch receiver in the tow hitch is also valuable, as is a recovery point up front - particularly if there are muddy areas.

Having trouble working out what to do about front recovery points, The info I'm reading is conflicting, some say the chassis rails only have nuts on the passenger side and not on the drivers side but as they are only 2 bolt you need to use both to spread the load.

If I recall correctly, the chassis rail nuts built in depends on build (Spain vs Thai) and maybe year. I put a set of the roadsafe recovery points on my 2011 Thai, from memory LHS used the tie down point nuts that are welded to chassis, and the kit included nuts to insert into the RHS.

Latest posts

Back